“A fantastic, patient & helpful teacher!” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Stoked School of Surf is a 'mobile' surf school and surf tour operation. We offer lessons along the beautiful beaches of the spectacular Cape Peninsula and 4- and 7- day learn-to-surf trips along the pristine coastline of the Garden Route and the Southern Cape. We can also customize private surf trips for those in search of more advanced breaks. So whether you've never touched a surfboard before or have ridden some waves in your lifetime, be sure to experience the 'stoke' with Stoked School of Surf.
“A fantastic, patient & helpful teacher!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I "learnt" to surf last year by myself last year, but tagged along with mates for their first surf lesson and soon. Boy, am I glad I did. Not only is Michelle a fantastic surfing coach with years of experience behind her, she is just generally a patient & helpful person who will quickly help any new surfer build confidence. She expertly balances teaching, fun & safety into her lessons.

Surfing is truly a sport for young & old, boys & girls and Michelle has a manner that will get anyone riding waves on the first day, and keep on doing it for the rest of their lives!

I cannot recommend Stoked Surf School enough!

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Wicked cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I can't say enough good things about Michelle and Stoked. This is the second set of surf lessons I've been on. The first one taught me the basics of surfing, this one did that too, but it taught me to love it too.

A big part of the service is the inclusion of the soft boards, wetsuits and rash vests. A bargain - highly recommended.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Fun time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband returned from his first surf lesson with Michelle smiling like a little boy on Christmas day. When he asked me to join him I thought he was crazy. After a bit of thought and lots of encouragement, I decided to try it out. My first lesson with Michelle got me hooked, I just had so much fun! I was giggling like a child, playing in the water and generally forgetting about all my cares. There I realised surfing is not about being cool, it is about having fun. Michelle made that possible in a safe and enjoyable environment, even when it was cold and rainy. Thanks Michelle!

Stockholm, Sweden
“If you want to learn surf, this is the school you should attend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Attending "The stoked surf school "gave me a whole new experience and interest in surfing. After taking part of many schools and lessions in Australia, I can tell that no one was so good as this one in Caprtown. With a group of not too many people, teachers who has a really patient and supporting way of teach, and an offer to pick you up if you do not have axcess to a car, stoked surf school becomes a really proffesional school. The thing I liked the most, was the fact that the teatcher always did the best to help you and tried to answered your questions in the best way. From what I have experienced from my earlier schools, the main focus there was at getting good photos of you on the surfingboards insted of teatching you how to surf, and then tried to sell so much photos to you as possible. This school learn you how to start and develop, and if you want photos of you on the board ,it is included in the price. It seems like the schools most important thing is to give there students a fun time, and the really succed! Even if I did not stand up after my first lession I went up from the water with a smile on my lips and a realxing feeling in my body, simulair to the one you have after practicing a class of yoga. I stood up after my secound lession, and that feeling was even better! If you do not try to surf you will miss something, and I also am of a believe that if you are in Capetown, you should definitely attend this school!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“brialiant made me want to take up surfing at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

was a great experience and michelle was excellent at teaching, managed to get up on the 1st lesson and had a briliant time! thinking about buying a surfboard at home and tryiong it out in ireland! would definatly recommend it!