“wonderful resource” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: I have been a tourist guide in Cape Town for 13 years. In 2008 I was chosen as the Wanderlust magazine international tourist guide of the year. Tourguiding is a wonderful occupation to me. I simply love to exude my passion for my city and the Garden Route to my visitors. Please join me in my wonderful city so as to find out why I love Cape Town as well as the beautiful Garden Route.
Houston, Texas
13 attraction reviews
“wonderful resource”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

After talking to Selwyn several times, I was in love with Cape Town without ever having been there. Unfortunately our schedules did not mesh so Selwyn referred us to another very special guide. I am sorry we did not have an opportunity to travel with him too. Don't hesitate to contact this gentleman...I know he can help you as well.

Visited August 2013

charlottesville
“A wizardly good trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

There our no words to express how wonderful Selwyn is! He absolutely brought Cape Town to life for my three children and me. We are still talking about and missing him today. His knowledge is immense and his humor keen. He left a strong impression on my children and piqued their curiosity in new areas (who knew they would warm up to math in Cape Town?). Our visit to the Township was perhaps the best day we have ever spent, anywhere. Coupled with taste testing dark chocolate and "The Triology", along with dining at "the best restaurant in the world" and all sorts of other adventurous activities, Selwyn made our time in Cape Town incredibly special. We look forward to returning someday soon and very much hope that Selwyn will be a part of that visit.

Visited August 2013
London
7 attraction reviews
“Robben Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This tour is government run so you have to be patient. We did not think we would get a ferry as they had mechanical problems, but they bought in a pirate ship which was great fun.
Robben Island is a must it is very humbling.

Visited April 2013
Minnesota
22 attraction reviews
“Smartest thing we did.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This should be your first and last contact if you are planning a trip to Cape Town. Selwyn will give you more information than you can absorb and make sure you get the most from your visit to his city. We had a remarkable week with Selwyn. He picked us up in George and we stayed at a cottage he will tell you about he calls CV. It is directly on the Indian Ocean with nothing around it. A wonderful place to recharge the batteries after a long journey. He organized golf for two of us at Pinnacle Point which was an amazing experience. We then drove the Garden Route back to Cape Town where we toured with Selwyn two more days including the Cape of Good Hope; a winery and township tours.
Selwyn books far in advance but he is a great asset in planning your South Africa adventure. We give him our highest recommendation. Good luck.

Visited February 2013
“A truly genuine experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We have been with Selwyn on 2 separate occasions and both were truly fantastic. Selwyn gives you a very realistic and unique outlook on life in Cape Town. Our visits to Kayamandi were the highlight of both trips, I have never felt more welcome in a community. Selwyn has some fantastic programs that many people would benefit from experiencing.