“AMAZING - Way to see Cape Town!” 5 of 5 stars

+27 21 439 1778
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: I have been a tourist guide in Cape Town for 13 years. In 2008 I was chosen as the Wanderlust magazine international tourist guide of the year. Tourguiding is a wonderful occupation to me. I simply love to exude my passion for my city and the Garden Route to my visitors. Please join me in my wonderful city so as to find out why I love Cape Town as well as the beautiful Garden Route.
Dallas
“AMAZING - Way to see Cape Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Selwyn is amazing and he made our trip!!

I want to start by saying Selwyn was a delight to work with and paid such attention to detail. I planned a trip for 16 guests and I knew when I asked for a proposal and got a detailed questionnaire asking about the dynamics of the group, age, how we knew each other and our interests, I had selected the right person. Selwyn gave me detailed proposal that was perfect for our group. Also, I love the fact that he asked me to send him pictures of each person prior to our arrival, as we really wanted to get to know each person before we even arrived.

Now for the tour, Selwyn hired a wonderful driver Yusuf that took such great care of us all, so polite and you can tell they both have a deep love and knowledge for Cape Town and it shows. We spent two days with him, We went on the Peninsula Tour and Wine Tour. What was great is that both were completely customized. In other words, not all the tourist spots, we did see Table Mountain, Cape of Good Hope,Camps Bay with the 12 Apostles, the Penguins and so much more including aspects of Cape Town, that not everyone gets an opportunity to see. We saw some of the most beautiful parts of Cape Town, stopped for photo opps and got the history behind it and enjoyed every minute of it. The wine tour was amazing, We toured three vineyards, with tastings and had an amazing lunch. The vineyards were all very different. The first was a wine farm, that was just delightful, the second was beautiful and wine was superb and the the 3rd was Graff -- It was great going from old to new making each experience unique.

The tours were not the only thing that was great. Selwyn and Yusuf truly took care of the group. There were two guest that's luggage didn't make it to Cape Town and Selwyn helped thru the end to make sure that the luggage was delivered to our hotel. Also, I had another guest that decided to extend her stay to Victoria Falls and he helped with getting her to the proper clinic to get her yellow fever shot, so we could make this happen. The list goes, on, he helped with shipping for another guest that purchased a painting that needed to be shipped back to the USA, and last I left my camera bag on the bus, and he made sure it was couriered to our next hotel. If you are looking for someone that has a caring spirit, knowledgeable and FUN! You should look no further. Selwyn and Yusuf will make your trip better in every way possible. Thank you both for an amazing trip!!

Visited August 2012
ILoveCapeTown, Owner at I Love Cape Town Tours, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Jacque,

Thank you for your stunning review. I am so pleased that you mentioned Yusuf in your letter as so many people forget about the driver sometimes and yet he is such an imporatnt part of the touring machine. Once again thank you for this.

I am so happy that you enjoyed my city but moreso that it seems as if your whole South African trip was a great blast. You will have to come back one day.

Last but not least Jacque is that you were an absolutley wonderful person to have as an organiser of your group. You never ever out yourself first; it was always the members of the group who were number one in your opinion. I tip my hat to you for this attitude.

Come back soon Jacque and we can see whatever you still have to see in my great city.

Selwyn.

Davis, California
“Touring South Africa with Selwyn Davidowitz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and I have traveled extensively. Among our many trips, we spent a fantastic two weeks touring South Africa with Selwyn as our guide. Thanks to him, it was the best trip we ever experienced. He arranged for everything, and it was all first class. It could not have been better. Prior to our trip, we corresponded by voice mail. By the time we arrived we were friends, and by the time we left we were family. We never had a single complaint. If you plan to visit South Africa, be sure that Selwyn is your guide.

Visited March 2012
ILoveCapeTown, Owner at I Love Cape Town Tours, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Mitch and Barb, Thanks for the good TA review. You are 100% correct - Family we have become and what a joy it has been to become as such. Thanks once again. Selwyn
California
4 attraction reviews
“Personalized, Impactful, and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We spent 2 days with Selwyn in the Cape Town area and can not recommend him enough. He is a subject matter expert on the area and has a deep sense of love for South Africa that is contagious. We spent a day going to Cape Point and another day in a Township with Selwyn. The Township day was impactful as we ate with a lovely local lady and got to interact with multiple folks in the area. We even went to a dance center and joined in with some of the local children who work hard to gain scholarships to University (a program supported by Selwyn). He was helpful not just in the 2 days we toured with him but for our whole trip. An example is that he loaned us his cell phone to ensure we could remain in contact during our entire stay. He is like going on a tour with your favorite uncle. As we were planning our next trip which was to Egypt, my 10 year old son said - "I want Selwyn to be our guide even if he knows nothing about the place." That about sums it up.

Visited July 2012
ILoveCapeTown, Owner at I Love Cape Town Tours, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thanks for the great review. It was a wonderful experience for me to tour with your whole family. All I can say is I am sorry I could not make it with Nathan and your family to Egypt (-:) . Trust you all had a wonderful time there too.

My very best from Cape Town.

Selwyn
San Francisco Bay Area
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful way to see Cape Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Selwyn took three families (16 of us, including 10 kids!) all around Cape Town are the surrounding area for 4 days and we had a wonderful time! He knew the names of all of us before we arrived, took over every detail of our travel needs, adapted our journey to fit our needs and desires as we went along, made it fun and interesting for kids and adults, and made it much more than just a standard tour. Our kids will never forget their visit to a township where they played soccer with the kids and saw how they lived - it was a real highlight. Also, being able to eat local cuisine made within private homes (Malay and in the township) was such a unique and wonderful opportunity. I'd highly recommend Selwyn for travelers of any age - we came home having nothing but wonderful memories of Cape Town and a new friendship with Selwyn!

Visited August 2012
ILoveCapeTown, Owner at I Love Cape Town Tours, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review CK. Yes it was wonderful to tour with all of you as you were such easy visitors to please. What really worked for me was the cohesiveness of your families - For this you have my total admiration. It was this cohesiveness which made my job so much easier as everybody seemed to get on so well with one another whether it was in making decisions in terms of what to do at certain times while on tour or simply having fun with one another. All in all a very very happy tour for me to do and for this I thank you and all else who were on board.

Go well.

Selwyn.
Narberth, Pennsylvania
“I Love Cape Town, Selwyn Davidowitz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Extremely knowledgeable and congenial. He had certain 'ins' and we never had to wait in line. Best guide we have had in our 50plus years of travel

Visited October 2011
ILoveCapeTown, Owner at I Love Cape Town Tours, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Ruth S,,

Wow knowing how well travelled the two of you are it was amazing to see such a complimentary review from you of our tour together in Cape Town. To think that I am top of your 50 year list really makes me blush. If I think back as to how much I enjoyed your tour that is obviosuly even more imporatnt to me than your review however no matter what may I just say thank you for your great writings.

Go well and in great peace to both of you.

Selwyn