“Wonderful Cape Town adventure” 5 of 5 stars

+27 21 439 1778
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: I have been a tourist guide in Cape Town for 13 years. In 2008 I was chosen as the Wanderlust magazine international tourist guide of the year. Tourguiding is a wonderful occupation to me. I simply love to exude my passion for my city and the Garden Route to my visitors. Please join me in my wonderful city so as to find out why I love Cape Town as well as the beautiful Garden Route.
Edmonton, Canada
“Wonderful Cape Town adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I contacted "I love Cape Town" tours based on the reviews I found on TripAdvisor and once again the reviewers didn't let me down.

I was a solo traveler trying to fit 5 free days to visit Cape Town right after a work trip to South Africa.Selwyn responded very promptly to my email and planned the whole week of activities and visits for me, even for the days he wasn't going to tour with me.

We toured together for 3 days, what a great experience!!! Selwyn is very passionate about Cape Town and always tried to show me the magic and hidden things the city has, we visited the Cape Peninsula, Winelands, Downtown, Table Mountain and Kayamandi. Every single day was amazing, with so much knowledge to absorbe and great things to experience.

At the end of my trip, I didn't only leave a great city but a new friend.

If I ever have the opportunity to visit Cape Town again, I would call him on a hearth beat!

If you want to see part of the pictures of such an experience, please see the link below:

Visited April 2012
ILoveCapeTown, Owner at I Love Cape Town Tours, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Jasmin.

Thanks for the great review. Your presence in Cape Town was a very special for me as you brought so much extra to our tour together. You have no idea how much I gained and learned from you. I can just hope that you learnt equivalently from me. I really hope that you will return to my city with your friend we spoke of so much as I think you will have great fun showing him what you saw when we toured together.

I dont thjink I will ever forget the faces of the kids at the dance school in Kayamandi when you stepped onto the floor to show them your latin American dancing abilities. It was priceless.

Thank you so very much for all.

Lotsaluv from Cape Town.

Selwyn

Cleveland, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
“Extraordinary Cape Town Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Selwyn Davidowitz's 2-day tour was beyond any expectation we could have had because of his passion for Cape Town, his vast knowledge of history, and his compassion for the children of Kayamandi. Rain didn't put a damper on our tour, because Selwyn booked us with a Malay cook whose delicious food was a bonus to the day. A must see. The wine farm was lovely, but the Kayamandi visit opened our eyes and hearts to a part of Cape Town that we would never have been able to see on our own. Selwyn's deep commitment to the township makes this visit not only informative but beautiful.

Our only regret is that we didn't have more time to tour with Selwyn!

Visited June 2012
Honey and David,

Thanks for your very kind and generous review. Honey how could I even think of forgetting the presence that you created on your own as well as with your genial camera techniques while we travelled together in Cape Town. The best picture (you know what I am talking of) is probably the most wonderful one I have in my collection over all the years of my touring. Thank you for practising this wonderful gift while on tour with me because it meant so much to me.

David I hope the lessons with Gamidah make a great cook out of you. You certainly showed potential when we were together at Gamidah's home. Dont give up and surprise your wife one night with a great Cape Cuisine meal.

Once again to both of you thank you for your touring with me while you were in my city. It was an honour and privelege to be able to be at your side while you visited us.

Love from Cape Town.

Selwyn.
Atlanta, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
“I loved Cape Town Too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Our guide Selwyn Davidowitz from I Love Cape Town Tours made our visit to Cape Town a terrific experience. He was both knowledgeable and charming. His experience and humor made our trip a delight.

Visited June 2012
Harriet and Larry,

Thank you for the kind review of your Cape Town journey. I am so sorry that we could not spend more time together in Cape Town but alas health issues are health issues and in this regard my timing was not that great. Even so I valued your presence highly while we travelled together and I honestly hope and believe that our paths will cross again in our lifetimes because your way of life was an example of my way of life. This I cherished highly while we were together in my city.

May I also thank you for your generous help to ASTRA while we were in my city. As you know they can do with all that comes their way and in this regard you exceeded all with your warm hearted ways. TODAH RABAH.

Once again a huge thank you from me.

Love from Cape Town

Selwyn
Palo Alto, California
“We Love Cape Town Tours !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

professional and energetic company ! We chose to do the township tour and met so many wonderful people - the children are a blessing !

Visited February 2012
Arad, Romania
“I got the dreem of my life, finaly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

It was amazing to be there, to see the old lighthouse, to get up there on walking, after I cross the beautiful road on the coast close to the ocean, knowing that those two ocean are mixing there, that great peace and quite on the top and the feeling that you are indeed 'winds at millenniums cross'. The bell vue from Camp Bay, the waterfront with entire day and night life, all those happy peoples, beautiful buildings old and new in the same time, the old hart museum where Christian Barnard had done the first hart transplant in the world ...and all those watch out by Table Mountain.

Visited January 2012