“Delicious Italian Food, Friendly Service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doppio Zero CBD

Doppio Zero CBD
Mandela Rhodes Place | Cnr Church St and George's Mall, Cape Town Central, South Africa
021 424 9225
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
New York City, New York
“Delicious Italian Food, Friendly Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I've been to Doppio a few times now and all times have been a success. The Italian food is hearty and delicious and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. My favorite dish so far has been the Pasta Verdura, which was a "spicy" vegetable pasta. It wasn't particularly spicy, but it was incredibly flavorful and I didn't miss meat at all.

I went for dinner one night and they had this heavenly hazelnut nutella hot chocolate which was basically heaven in my mouth. I would go back for that drink alone. Unfortunately they must only serve it at night, because I wasn't able to get it when I went back for lunch one day.

Great Italian food, great service. A little on the pricier end, but with good portions and delicious food, it's really worth it!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hervey Bay, Australia
“Great Coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Fantastic coffee, friendly staff and all in a great location in the CBD at the Three Cities Mandela Rhodes Hotel. They even have free WiFi.

Visited June 2014
Cape Town
“Unexpectedly Great…”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I carried an attitude about this place. A surly attitude. I t seemed somehow suspect. I’m not sure why. Maybe it reminded me of Jo’burg. But I realise now that I was wrong. Yes, it’s attached to a hotel. Yes, places that are attached to hotels are often faux and rubbish. Nearby hotel + restaurant = depressing. A reminder of things like transience, rootlessness and fake Irish pubs.

But hang on - Doppio Zero is actually just a restaurant. It’s not a part of a hotel, and it’s bloody great. They bake their own bread. It’s delicious. The coffee is sublime. The food is affordable. I live in town, and this is the perfect place to stop by on the way to a meeting. Or bring your laptop and do some work. A hidden gem.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
kent
“delicious food, speedy service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

had a speedy business lunch here. 4 of us, all ordered different things. all looked and tasted delicious. friendly and speedy service. happy to return one day

Visited May 2014
Ceres
“Great pizza ..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

But the pasta (pasta Verdura) I had the other night was not what we expected from this cool eatery in downtown Cape Town. The veggies in my pasta dish obviously came straight from the microwave oven (and was short of the haloumi cheese that was supposed to be in it). The staff, however make up for the odd glitch here and there.

• Visited May 2014