“Mindblowing Cape Town sky diving and shark cage diving” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tourist/ Visitor Centers, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We are your Cape Town One Stop Adventure Shop. Contact us for all your outdoor adventure needs and rest assured of an experience of a lifetime. Shark cage diving, tandem skydiving, tandem paragliding, quad biking, sand boarding, helicopter flights, safaris or even an awesome abseil from Table Mountain. We will even give good local advice and book your accommodation. Let us make your experience in Cape Town an enjoyable one and contact us as soon as you can.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Durban, South Africa
“Mindblowing Cape Town sky diving and shark cage diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Some friends and I recently organized an adventure weekend in Cape Town and it was absolutely mindblowing! Shark cage diving and sky diving were our 2 top choices - both of which are unbelievable experiences. I would just like to thank Gavin from Extreme Scene for putting together such amazing trips - without him and his team our weekend would not have been possible. Thanks to the entire Extreme Scene team for making our Cape Town adventure weekend unforgettable. Extreme Scene is tops!

Visited February 2012
ExtremeScene, Owner at Extreme Scene Day Trips, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Hi Patrick thanks for the amazing feedback and we are glad you all enjoyed yourselves. What more can you ask for from "adrenalin" when you do the shark diving and the tandem skydiving? Two of the most popular and rewarding activities you can do. All the best and we hope to see you back in Cape Town again. And of course you know who to contact before you get here.

Cheers

St. John's, Canada
13 attraction reviews
“Awesome Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

At first it was not looking like it would be a go as the airport was closed two of the mornings due to low cloud. Gavin used to call the hotel early in the morning if it was postponed so there were no days wasted waiting. On the third day Lauren drove us out to the strip. From Camps Bay I don't remember the drive taking too long. On arrival there was about a two hour wait before it was our turn to jump.

The flight up was enjoyable and the view across the peninsula was great, at one point we could see both the Indian and Atlantic oceans at the same time. The jump was amazing and besides the terrifying two seconds it take to actually leave the plane the five minute fall to the ground was incredible. The minute we hit the ground we wanted to go again.

We paid to have a camera man jump with us. It was about R750 ($100) and after viewing the photographs and video he took it was well worth it.

There are lockers provided so don't worry about bringing things with you.

Visited January 2012
ExtremeScene, Owner at Extreme Scene Day Trips, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Hi

Thank you for your positive post. We are glad you enjoyed your tandem skydive with us. I must admit it is certainly one of the most rewarding activities we have. Experiencing the thrill of free fall is a must for adventurers and doing it in our beautiful city of Cape Town should be on the list of things to do. Thank you for the business and we hope to see you back visiting Cape Town again soon.
Denver, Colorado
“This has to be posted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

To be bluntly honest, I am extremely disappointed by the trip I went on with ES. I've not responded or posted on TripAdvisor yet, as I wanted to make sure I was being objective & not just venting irritation.

To start with, the Cage "Diving" is a farce. Let's be honest, it should be called Cage Jumping. Diving to the rest of the world & people I have talked to here (locals also) entails scuba gear, or at minimum a snorkel. Jumping down into the water for as long as you can hold your breath with a mask & wetsuit is not diving. We saw sharks that is true, but jumping into the water when the shark is coming near, waiting for the bubbles/splash to clear & get oriented underwater is not diving. Seeing this... I decided not to even go in the water as I could see the sharks better from the top deck. On TA I would give a half star if possible.

The Bungy Jump... let's be real this is not a CT activity! It 8hrs drive away, one way.... and no one in our group knew this, nor did Lauren ever give us a heads to how much driving would be involved. The extent of ANY information Lauren gave us was like this... [pull into a service station] "you have 10 minutes to grab something to eat/drink, etc"... drive another hour, repeat. We finished "Diving" by noon and we all asked "now what do we do?" given we all assumed the bridge was 1-2 hrs away, not 6! All Lauren said was, "we gotta get going, so we can get there."

After driving thru Knysna, Lauren pulls into a shopping market, and proceeds to tell us all, "we are about 1hr away, there is absolutely nothing at Bloukans, get whatever you think you will need." Seriously?! How about some information about this fact 20, 10 or even 5 minutes before we actually stop, so hey we might be able to actually plan something ahead of time?!

Sure enough, there was nothing there. Bar overlooking the bridge closed within 1 hour of us getting there (5pm), and we were the only people to stay there at the numerous accommodations. Beautiful for certain, I slept outside on the porch, but nothing there to do.

Fast forward.... jump day. As we're getting signed up... Lauren tells us "no cameras or phones allowed." Are you f**king kidding me? I get it, they want to make money on the dvd/pictures... that is fine, how about a little notice before being actually herded like sheep to the bridge?! Had I known, I would have paid the R300 before going on the bridge (so they can make their money) but made it ok to carry my GoPro when I actually jumped. I basically brought it just for this reason, and neither the pictures or dvd has this action, so again a huge disappointment.

The jump itself is awesome, but not how we were herded around like prisoners. I'm so happy I have POV video of me doing something absolutely crazy to share with people! [sarcasm intended]

Getting off the bridge, I see Lauren from about 20m away, and she yells at me, "I saw what you did! You are not supposed to do that! You can't grab the bungy!" Seriously, WTF?! No one told us anything about what we could, or could not do. The only rules we were told is no cameras, nothing else! It just felt natural on the bounce to fold up & touch the cord.

1 star on TA, the bungee jump was delivered.

Oh guess what... we have to go. Yeah 8hrs of driving & stopping at service stations. Wow, so exciting! None of us were happy. The two Brits were just as pissed as I was.

I'm pretty certain in our discussions, I made it clear I was going to hire a car & drive through the western cape? Did I not do this, & if I did, how could you/lauren not mention there was so much driving involved to jump. 15 seconds of excitement vs 12 additional hours of driving, is in no way a good trip. Maybe it is fine for some tourists that are only staying in CT, but it is a complete waste of someone's time if they will be going that way anyways. It smells of the tour operators' priority of making money first, providing a good service 2nd.

Seriously, make the trip interesting given it is so far away. It doesn't cost anything to stop in a little town center & let the clients walk around some, but stopping at gas stations?! I'm sure there were historical sites, maybe cool short hikes, or hey look another freaking beach we are passing to stop at a gas station. I traveled Route 62, stopping at Ronnie's Sex Shop and had a great time talking to the locals for 4hrs. In that time HotSpots a tour operator stopped by with a group of 10 tourists, the operator bought the beers & people were having a great time for the 20-30minute stop they made. Based on just seeing that, I would recommend HotSpots over ES in a second.

I trusted TA & our conversations that the tour would be a great experience. Outside it delivering both seeing great whites & the highest bungee in the world, it offered absolutely nothing else. In doing so, you give other tour operators a bad name. After this trip (and it is not about how much I paid) I refused to go on any other tours, for fear of getting such a bad trip/experience as I did with ES.

Thinking back, it just seems everything was shrouded in secrecy. It felt like being in the military, the only information given is what you need to know at exactly the moment you need to know it. A huge shame & a huge disappointment as well. :(

Regards,

Hans

Visited January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. All feedback both positive and negative will always be taken into account.

This comes as a real shock to both Lauren and myself as it is the first real bad feedback we have ever had since Extreme Scene was started over 6 years ago.

Our main priority is customer satisfaction and we work very hard to ensure this is delivered at all times. All the positive feedback we have received on Trip Advisor thus far is a good sign we are committed to just that.

This is the first time I am aware of your dissatisfaction with the tour. The Shark Jumper tour is packaged to cater for those staying in Cape Town who only have 2 days to complete the shark cage diving in Gansbaai and the bungy jump from the Bloukrans Bridge. The main purpose of this tour is to complete these two adventure activities in the little time we have available. Therefore it does require a long drive to get there and back and very little time to stop for extra sight-seeing.

Our shark cage diving operator is one of the most respected shark cage diving company’s in the business who adhere to the strict regulation provided by Marine Coastal Management and the shark cage diving industry. Face Adrenalin who run the Bloukrans Bridge bungy jump are a very professional team who focus on safety as a priority for obvious reasons. We have always only had positive feedback from clients joining the shark cage diving and the bungy jumping and that is the reason why we continue to support these two companies.

While we try and be as informative on our website and via email to our clients it is never our intention to deceive clients by leaving information out about our tours. Lauren and I are always available to assist and answer any further questions about our tours offered.
Chicago
6 attraction reviews
“Prompt, Reliable and Great Follow-up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We decided to save ourselves some time and hassle by using Extreme Scene. It's definitely a convenient one-stop shop. Gavin and his staff were great about answering our questions via email. We decided to book shark cage diving and tandem skydiving. What separates Extreme Scene from some of the other outfits we've used in the past is that Gavin stays on top of things and is in constant contact. Other outfits seem to disappear once they've been paid. Gavin and his staff called and emailed to make sure we knew our pickup time for the shark diving transfer and on the day of our skydive Gavin called to warn us about possible weather issues. All this goes too show that Gavin is a man of his word and is dependable...key things when dealing in the service and tourism industry. Definitely a good value. Great job all and thanks again for all of your help!

Visited December 2011
Las Vegas
3 attraction reviews
“Great Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I emailed extreme scene just a few days before leaving for Cape Town. They were very prompt with their reply's and information. I booked ; ATV, Shark Diving, Paragliding and Cape of good hope tour with them. All of the tours were safe, and fun! If you are looking for a company to have an extreme Adventure with while in Cape Town, these are the people to book it with.

Visited November 2011
ExtremeScene, Owner at Extreme Scene Day Trips, responded to this review, December 11, 2011
Hi

Thanks for the positive review as much appreciated. Glad to hear you had a good time and enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again in Cape Town as you are always welcome here. Please let all your friends and associates know they can contact us if they are planning to visit South Africa. Have a fantastic festive season and all the best for 2012!

Gavin - Extreme Scene