“Superb dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: also operates during the day as La Bunixa tapas bar.
Durbanville, South Africa
“Superb dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A superb restaurant with great food and wine. I will certainly return to this restaurant when I am next in Cape Town with my wife.

Paris, France
“No brainer choice when looking for a casual dinner out 不想正襟危坐的首选”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

It was one of those nights I didn't quite feel like dressing up and sit for hours to have a several course dinner, I wasn't exactly that hungry but I still want to have something tasty. Lucky~
I had steak and risotto in mushroom and vinegar sauce. It was quite a large portion, but I did finished it! The steak was ok (of course considering the pleasantly affordable price) ~ but it was nicely and properly done. and I loved the risotto, just the way a nice risotto should be! oh, and the house wine went with the course perfectly :D
well, as said at the beginning, if you want to have a nice diner, but not exactly in the mood of 'fine dining', just go for it and you won't be disappointed.
(I didn't make an appointment, but I do think you should, because I was lucky enough to get the last seat available...)
oh, and for the environment, by the roadside, but there's no traffic at night, and the wind was blowing. well, just like a traditional small bistro (a little bit more space than those you normally come across in Paris.)
Service, good~

如果你不是很有心情坐2个小时以上,不想正经认真打扮,不想好几道菜配好多种酒,不想花太多钱,但是又想吃些好吃的,想都不用想就去这家吧~~
我吃的是牛排加意大利蘑菇酱奶油饭配意大利醋汁。那晚胃口不是很好,而我身材顾虑一般晚上也不多吃,但是还是把那大盘菜给吃光了!所以它真的是很好吃哦~ 饭硬度正好,酱十分香浓。牛排是一般般的肉(那样适宜的价格当然啦!),但是煮得还是很可以的了~ 我随便点了杯南非产的house wine,但配上去实在好呀~~~
服务也挺好,气氛也很不错,正像小小的法式小餐馆 (bistro),在路边吹晚风(虽然是冬天不过有风挡啦~),真是个美丽的夜晚呀~

• Visited June 2013
Dubai
“A must visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Simply outstanding.
Great food complimented by a fantastic wine list and better than average beer menu all served in a cosy, casual atmosphere.

My only regret is only getting there on the night before leaving. If I had visited earlier I would most definitely made a return visit.

Do yourself, and your wallet, a favour and make a reservation if you are ever in Cape Town.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great value, great food and great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by our hotel this restaurant exceeded our expectations. The quirky board menus were fun if a little difficult to read. The waiters were knowledgeable and really helped us decide on our 2 courses. I had the carpacio which was just delicious, my fiance had the chicken quasidillas which she polished off with fervour. Our mains were even better than the starters. We both had the fillet steak on a nednofnbaby potatoes and vegetables, it was soft succulent and full of peppery goodness! I can tell you that this was even better considering tje fantastic price at R100 for 2 courses.

Plettenbergbay
“Best value for money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

What they lack in decor and attention to detail they make up for in their food. Paid R100 for 2 course's which would have been at least R200 in any other restaurant! Great flavours and excellent quality! If I lived in cape town I would eat there every night! Wow wow wow still so impressed!!

• Visited July 2013