“Hiking Table Mountain with Binny” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: A visit to Cape Town is not complete without a hike on Table Mountain. We will tailor make a hike to suit all ages and fitness levels - Your boots are made for walking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Calgary, Canada
“Hiking Table Mountain with Binny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

When we visited South Africa we knew we wanted to climb Table Mountain. After reading many reviews on line we decided to book with Ridgeway Ramblers. Binny picked us up at our downtown hotel and told us about the city and area on the way to Table Mountain. She was very informed and great company along the hike. Our hike was about 6 hours to the top. I am not an avid hiker and Binny was very patient whenever I needed to rest and catch my breath. We never felt unsafe or scared. The hike was amazing - so beautiful, I must have taken 500 pictures that day! Definitely take your camera and I wish I would have taken binoculars as we did see some unusual birds that I would have liked to identify.

If we are ever lucky enough to go back, we would book again with Binny. Knowledgeable, kind, patient and fun to spend the day with. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Cairns, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Table mountain hikes. Ridgway ramblers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Binny was a fantastic guide; Great company and knowledgable of all routes and hiking options. We were really lucky and had a picture perfect day to explore table mountain. We walked the skeleton gorge to maclears beacon day route ending at the cable car. The fauna and scenery contrasted greatly on each side of the mountain. Binny's knowledge of the fauna and wildlife was fantastic. Good mix of snacks provided and picnic lunch. Great day and highly recommended.

Visited November 2013
Mitcham
“India Venster: don't be scared, it's amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I am not an avid hiker and I've never rock climbed in my life, however I have climbed table mountain before on the skeleton gorge route (which is also great)
I decided on this trip to try a more challenging route up and the India Venster (India Window) route seems to be recognised as the most challenging apart from actual rope climbing.
I was a little nervous as I've read reviews that say it's scary but Binny Ridgeway reassured me that you don't need any climbing experience and she was right, I never once felt scared or unsafe, you do need to be relatively fit in the legs but it was actually less of a slog than the hiking trail because A) you can use your arms to 'scramble' your way up and B) it's not as far (took us 3 hours total)
Binny was very friendly and knowledgable and would've even picked us up if we needed it!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Hiking on Table Mountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We hiked the Twelve Apostles route, Devil's Peak and India Venster scramble. Binny communicated promptly with us when organising the trips and we were soon sorted for our ventures. She was able to pick us up and transport us to the hill. Her knowledge of the routes gave us a relaxing time and her pacing was ideal giving suitable breaks to take in the scenery etc. She had good knowledge of the flora and fauna and considerably enhanced our walking experience. We felt we were getting a very good level of attention and she was personable and relaxing to be around.

Navi Mumbai, India
“Totally worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I heard great things about the hike and booked one for myself, choosing to hike over abseiling in my limited schedule. I learnt later my two room mates, Isa and Sara have chosen the hike too. The day we decided to go for the hike up to table mountain, it had been clear days, on the fateful day however, a thick haze of clouds hid the mountains. We were afraid the hike would be cancelled but Binny came to pick us at The Backpack at 8 and reassured that the weather on the top changes by the minute and it may clear up. We started our hike on the other side of the hills, from Kristenbosch botanical garden side. And it was warm and sunny when we started out. We took the skeleton trail and it was difficult for my legs to climb from sea level to higher but it was fun. We took short breaks and Binny showed us flora and fauna which is special to the region, she infact told us that table mountain area has richer diversity than even amazon forest. It is only at the top, that you see shrubs and trees which are prominently different from anywhere else. When we reached the top, the weather was bad again and the visibility was poor, we decided not to climb ahead but just take a tour of the five reservoirs on the top of the mountain. As we walked around the mountain, it was extremely chilly yet we saw some great sights- different kinds of proteas, colourful birds and some marks of the deers.
We had some lovely lunch- boiled eggs, sandwich, carrots and cake on the mountain and started our descent. We back by nursery trail which had rock parts and steps.
We came back tired but quite happy that we managed to climb a mountain, especially on a cloudy day like that...