“Full day hike” 5 of 5 stars

Book Now

Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A visit to Cape Town is not complete without a hike on Table Mountain. We will tailor make a hike to suit all ages and fitness levels - Your boots are made for walking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, England, United Kingdom
“Full day hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Definitely worth hiring a guide for table mountain.

Binny took me up one side of table mountain and down the other, it was an amazing experience and Binny was a lovely chatty guide and a great person to hang out with as she showed me the mountain.

We hiked up into the clouds in the early morning sun and I just had a t-shirt on, when we hit the clouds it was time to put on the waterproofs Binny had brought along for me. The fog and the change it mood at the top made the trip even better for me, it resembled a wet marshland. We walked through calm valleys, gusty boulder filled trails and eventually came down the other side to an incredible ocean view in beautiful sunshine.

It was great not having to worry about where you were headed or whether you were going to get lost and just enjoy the scenery as Binny told me fascinating facts about the plants and wildlife.

Oh, and I had some friends who tried to hike on there own, they made it halfway up, it got rainy and they gave up and went down the same route - definitely worth hiring Binny if you want to have a great adventure no matter what the weather.

Ireland
“Great hike up Table Mountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great hike with Binny, from the minute she picked us up until we finished, we enjoyed every minute of the hike. We Went up the route straight but was brilliant having a guide to tell us all the interesting facts about the landscape and well the banana bread and tea at the top was so welcome! Great guide and great value for money! Orla.

Brussels, Belgium
“Wet Windy Adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

A small group that explored the mountain with Binny so we had good interaction. Knowledgeable and adapted to every ones ""ability" to climb Table Mountain.

Visited January 2013
“Cable car under maintenance, so we hiked!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Hiking up Table Mountain would never have been a choice had it not been for the closure of the cable car. In my email correspondence with Binny, she said hiking up the mountain is one of the best things you can ever do. And boy, was she right.

Halfway up the mountain, we were treated to spectacular views. The sun up in the sky and with the fog settling in, it looked just like heaven on earth. And this is just halfway up.

I am not a hiker, neither am I am outdoorsy person. Binny assured me that the hike up Platteklip Gorge was suitable even for beginners. I must say that at times I really felt out of breath as the steps can get rather high. Thankfully, Binny is alert to our contorted facial expressions and gives us rest stops every now and then.

When we arrived at the peak 2.5 hours later, the breathtaking view just makes all the hard work worth it. What more with the closure of the cable car, there were only a handful of people at the peak, which gives perfect picture moments. After a grueling climb up, I was gobsmacked to see Binny pulling out refreshments (home made banana cake), a flask of roiboos tea, a 2 liter water bottle etc etc just so we can have some 'light' snacks. As we were hiking up all this while, I didn't realize she was carrying up refreshments for us too! And to think I almost made my hubby carry my almost empty backpack.

I requested to abseil down (112m) the mountain which Binny also kindly arranged on my behalf with Abseil Africa. It was such an amazing experience to be just hanging mid air taking in the glorious view of Cape Town.

Descending the mountain was even harder than ascending. Probably because we already expended so much energy in climbing up. Nevertheless Binny was extremely patient and even offered her hand to me for steps that were slightly harder to navigate. The hike up and down was also made special with the company of Binny's two dogs. Those furry little darlings were very savvy in navigating the nooks and crannies of the mountain. And most times they were waiting for us instead. Ha.

Thank you Binny for giving us such a lovely experience of hiking table mountain. Your company, patience and expertise made it a once in a lifetime experience. You truly deserve the Certificate of Excellence award by tripadvisor. Congratulations once again!

Palo Alto, California
“Binny's Lion's Head hike was AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Binny took me up Lion's Head on a spectacular day in Cape Town this week. She was terrific. Perfectly well organized. Brought home made banana bread. Even had some ibuprofen for me. Highly recommended!! :)