“Bonding With Binny” 5 of 5 stars

082 522 6056
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: A visit to Cape Town is not complete without a hike on Table Mountain. We will tailor make a hike to suit all ages and fitness levels - Your boots are made for walking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Pinecrest,
“Bonding With Binny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I had climbed Table Mountain some 10 years ago and wanted to give it another try. Our hotel,
the Cape Grace, highly recommended Binny as the only guide to use if you're going to hike the mountain. We had to take the steep, shortest trail up the front of the mountain due to time constraints. She was quite knowledgeable about the mountain, foliage, and animals. It was such an added bonus to have her with us. She made the climb interesting and fun for both of us. The pace she kept for us was perfect. With numerous stops for water and for me to catch my breathe, we made it to the top in a little over 2 hours!! Not bad. My only regret is that I didn't have the opportunity to hike another route, or mountain with her!!

Visited April 2013

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Awesome hike & equally outstanding guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Absolutely awesome hike, with the best guide I've had. Binny knows the mountain like the back of her hand and shared lots of interesting information about table mountain during our 3 hour hike. She was patient and allowed me (the slowest on the team of 3) to set our pace with lots of water and photo breaks - "Slow & Steady" to the top and I made it.

I'd do it again in a heart beat and hike down as well. Lion's head is next!

Visited April 2013
“Binny is simply the BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We hiked Table Mountain the day after we arrived from the US and there was no better way to get over jet lag! Binny was in constant communication with us as the weather can change rapidly but the weather help up and she picked us up from our hotel. Binny was the best for keeping the pace right for my mother who was struggling and answer all of our questions about Table Mountain, Cape Town and South Africa. She is passionate and great at what she does and I would recommend her to anyone! If you are in any kind of shape please consider hiking vs. taking the cable car up as it make the view that much more rewarding as well as no need to wait in line for multiple hours. Binny is the best and I look forward to hiking a different trail next time we are in Cape Town!

Sydney, Australia
“Stupendous morning hike with Binny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Me and my housemate recently returned from South Africa.
One of the first things we booked in was to hike Table Mountain. We did lots of research to see whether we could walk independently or go with a guide. I am so thankful we went on the hike with Binny. She was great in providing us information about the mountain, but also the history of Table Mountain. We did the 2.5 walk to Platteklip Gorge with an additional hour or so to the highest point of the Mountain -Maclears.
We caught a cable car down after sharing some tea and cake with Binny :)

Monrovia, Liberia
14 attraction reviews
“Ridgway Ramblers is the way to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Of course, one must visit Table Mountain while in Cape Town. After reading various descriptions of the different routes, I was a bit worried about the strenuous trek. However, booking with Binny was a smart move: she picked us up at our accommodation and dropped us at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens to end the day. During the hike, she went at the perfect pace for us to "conquer" climbing up Platteklip Gorge...and the views were spectacular! Though you could do it yourself, it was fun chatting with her: learning more about Cape Town, having her point out particular flora and fauna, hearing her commentaries and continued enjoyment of the scenery though she's done the hike hundreds of times. HIGHLY recommended and we will definitely book with her again when we're in Cape Town. Cheers to a job well done, Binny!