“Fantastics day's hike” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: A visit to Cape Town is not complete without a hike on Table Mountain. We will tailor make a hike to suit all ages and fitness levels - Your boots are made for walking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fantastics day's hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We spent a day exploring Table Mountain with Binny. In the morning she asked what we'd like to see and tailored a route that would take in the views from both sides of the mountain in clear weather (we got lucky there and it was spectacular!). Binny knows the mountain inside out and we learnt a lot about the geography and biology of the area. She set a comfortable pace and we had a really lovely day -- thanks Binny :)

Visited August 2012

Lausanne, Switzerland
“great guide, great walking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just back from Cape Town where I enjoyed 3 outings with Binny. We walked on Table Mountain, down at Cape Point and up in the Silvermine reserve.All quite different but each time we had a great walk , fabulous views and were lucky with the local fauna and flora. Binny is well organised ( drinks , snacks, binos. etc), the personal pick up service is very nice. Its like having a day out with a friend who just happens to be very well informed about the area, easy to chat to about all sorts of things. I shall hope to walk with her again next time I'm in CT

Visited September 2012
bubz2005
5 attraction reviews
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went hiking with Binny, her husband and their 2 dogs (and 1 other tourist). Had a lot of fun taking the beautifull Nursery ravine up to Maclears Beacon and coming down Platteklips. Binny knows a lot about the environment, i learned a lot bout Cape Town as well! Also had a great lunch & snacks during the trip, plus she picked me up & brought me back to my house!. Totally value for money!

Visited September 2012
4 attraction reviews
“The best way to explore Table mountain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I had an amazing climb to the Table Mountain, thankfully to Berlinda and her two dogs. Berlinda is not an ordinary guide- she never cancels a walk, despite the weather or if someone is with uncomfortable shoes :). I learned so much from her and until now when I am looking at my pictures I remember the name of the flowers and trees, she named. Moreover, you have to taste the banana cake she makes as a retreat once you get the top- ohhh...Enjoy as well the free hot roboos tea, she has in store for her clients. Berlinda, you made my stay in Cape Town. Thank you, indeed!

BinnyCapeTown, Owner at Ridgway Ramblers Day Tours, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thanks Elena, Glad you enjoyed our hike. I just want to mention that if someone doesn't want to walk in the rain I would never force them to hike. I am happy to walk in any weather and tailor the hike to suit conditions. With Elena we did a wonderful walk on a sheltered side of the mountain. However I do not charge a cancellation fee if its pouring with rain, and that is not your idea of fun!
Mantua, Italy
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I spend a beatiful day with Binny Ridgway and her dog Judith on Table Mountain. She is very professional and very friendly, going with her was a good way to enjoy the wonderful places and landscapes of Table Mountain National Park.
Francesco Ventura (Itally)