+ clean rooms
+ comfy bed
+ tasty breakfast : cereals, fruits, yogurts, tea/coffee, cheeses, toasts with cooked to order eggs and tomato ( they were perfectly done by the lady in the kitchen, didn't get her name )
+ in good neighborhood : after a day full of excursions, it was sooo comforting to walk to Beleza for dinner (5 min walk in a safe neighborhood)
+ good view of table mountain from the balcony in the hallway (not from our room)
+ nice shampoo, soap and lotion
+ Bruce & Anne were helpful : planning our excursions, suggesting us to book table mountain tickets online and letting us use their computer
- cold, cold and cold! : there was a small portable heater in the room, which was not enough. The room was uncomfortably cold. My husband had a hard time sleeping. The breakfast room was better heated. My husband still felt cold in there until he had a second cup of coffee!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Underberg provides warm and hospitably service. All our colonial rooms are super comfortable with modern en-suite bathrooms. For further comfort, each room is equipped with a TV, overhead ceiling fan, American plantation shutters, heater, tea/coffee facility, hairdryer, fitted carpet, safe, white cotton percale sheets, down duvets in winter and cotton blankets inthe summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Underberg Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Underberg Guest House Cape Town, South Africa