I just stayed at this Hilton for 5 nights (I checked out May 6). From the moment I stepped through the door, until I left, every employee I came into contact with, gave me the absolute HIGHEST amount of customer service I could ask for. Attentive, kind, without being overbearing and "clingy."
Due to a minor error, I was upgraded to an Executive Room on the 8th floor (Room 801). The room was very large, clean, modern and well maintained. House cleaning did a wonderful job in keeping my room cleaned, including turn down service, etc. Room service was quick and efficient. My room overlooked the "Bo Kaap" district, and I could see their brightly colored houses every night. I could also see the ferris wheel at the V&A.
Contrary to what some persons say, as the hotel is too far away to walk to much, I walked to the V&A almost everyday; several times 2-3 times a day. That would include going to the District 6 Museum and the Jewish Museum. If you are just a fairly fit person, walking the area is of no concern. I never felt threatened or concerned.
I was able to eat breakfast in the Executive Room for free. It had everything I needed: Eggs, bacon, cheese, meat, toast and several different breads. Along with yogurt, fruit, cereal, milk, and of course coffee. The main restaurant had a similar layout for their breakfast buffet and you could order omelets, etc.
This Hilton is just what it is: A Hilton, with very high customer service values and very high room quality. If I ever get back to Cape Town (God I hope I do), I WILL stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Africa’s second largest city at the foot of Table Mountain, the Hilton Cape Town City Centre hotel is only 20 minutes from Cape Town Airport and is close to many shops and businesses, the wine district, a variety of beaches and the National Parliament. All of the modern Guest Rooms at this Cape Town hotel boast large windows, 32-inch LCD TVs and complimentary wireless internet access. Upgrade to an Executive Room for stunning views of Table Mountain or the city and access to the Executive Lounge, with complimentary breakfast, canapés and drinks. Hold a conference for up to 140 guests in one of 8 meeting rooms which offer the very latest in audio/visual technology and ensure your event is a success with our business center. Start the day with breakfast in Bistro 126, savor authentic North Indian cuisine in the elegant Mezbaan Restaurant and sip cocktails and relax with a fragrant shisha pipe in the exotic Signal Hill Terrace Lounge and Restaurant. Work out in our Fitness Center or soak up the glorious South African sunshine and stunning views of the Bo-Kaap and Table Mountain in the outdoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Hilton Cape Town City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre South Africa