“Impeccable Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Cape Town City Centre

You added Hilton Cape Town City Centre to your Saves list
Hilton Cape Town City Centre
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   126 Buitengracht Street, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #41 of 103 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Dublin, California
“Impeccable Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I just stayed at this Hilton for 5 nights (I checked out May 6). From the moment I stepped through the door, until I left, every employee I came into contact with, gave me the absolute HIGHEST amount of customer service I could ask for. Attentive, kind, without being overbearing and "clingy."

Due to a minor error, I was upgraded to an Executive Room on the 8th floor (Room 801). The room was very large, clean, modern and well maintained. House cleaning did a wonderful job in keeping my room cleaned, including turn down service, etc. Room service was quick and efficient. My room overlooked the "Bo Kaap" district, and I could see their brightly colored houses every night. I could also see the ferris wheel at the V&A.

Contrary to what some persons say, as the hotel is too far away to walk to much, I walked to the V&A almost everyday; several times 2-3 times a day. That would include going to the District 6 Museum and the Jewish Museum. If you are just a fairly fit person, walking the area is of no concern. I never felt threatened or concerned.

I was able to eat breakfast in the Executive Room for free. It had everything I needed: Eggs, bacon, cheese, meat, toast and several different breads. Along with yogurt, fruit, cereal, milk, and of course coffee. The main restaurant had a similar layout for their breakfast buffet and you could order omelets, etc.

This Hilton is just what it is: A Hilton, with very high customer service values and very high room quality. If I ever get back to Cape Town (God I hope I do), I WILL stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

170 Nights was the total of my stay at this Hotel, I have never experienced a better stay. The staff are SUPER friendly and helpful. Very professional. The hotel is very clean and food was Halal. Location is perfect. The V&A shuttle needs to be extended a little bit more. I suggest instead of having it running every hour it would be better if it runs every 2 hours and the last one returns at 9 mayb. My final words to the team are keep it up. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting cape town.I heard the hotel is having some renovations soon also which am sure will add more beauty to the place and mayb have a nice swimming pool instead of the currently big bath tub :) Thanks to each and everyone I have dealt with, met and helped me during my stay. It was a lekker stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Makassar, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

The location is in the city center, very strategic. But the room is a bit small compared to the other Hilton that I 've ever use before.
The service was very good. Breakfast was nice, but I think not very much variation.
For Asians, the bathroom must be very likeable because on the toilet is equipted with washlet.
There's a convenience store just across the Hotel to buy our needs and to Top up your local prepaid SIM card,
Overall it's a pleasant to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Hotel had beautiful spacious rooms comfy beds friendly helpful hotel staff. Free town car to waterfront. Central city location. Would recommend this hotel if you wanted to stay in the city. If you rather stay near the sea try stay in bantry bay

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Puerto de la Cruz, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Apart from the friendly, very helpful staff,this hotel fell short of the standards I have experienced previously at hotels owned by the Hilton. We are not Executive or Gold Members but people travelling with us, who had access to the Executive Lounge and dining facilities had a very different, more enjoyable experience during the week we were there. Breakfasts in the main part of the hotel were very good and service excellent but the only evening meal we enjoyed was in the Indian restaurant which was excellent However eat early- the night we visited a large family group arrived and descended on the buffet table like gannets. The staff very kindly recooked some dishes so we could taste a range of dishes but we did have to wait for the freshly cooked food. Breakfast take away menu disappointing - there was no spoon to eat the yoghurt,straw to drink the juice, the coffee was cold and the meat was warm.
Next time we visit Cape Town we will choose an hotel In the Victoria and Alfred complex so we have the freedom to come and go as we please, particularly in the evenings, and not rely on the shuttle bus, which finishes at 6pm and taxies

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking pool, or if this is not possible a room near the top of the building with a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our friendly and helpful team members as well as our main breakfast selection and dinner options. It is with regret that you did not have the same experience with the breakfast take away menu. I have relayed your comment to the Food & Beverage Manager who will review the offer accordingly.

Benefits for members of our loyalty program HHonors, as recognition for our guests’ patronage, are being delivered at our property according to brand guidelines.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope that my team and I will have the opportunity to redeem our services to you at some point in the future.

With my personal regards,

Marc O. Schumacher
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We used this hotel as our 'base' for a recent trip to South Africa, staying at the hotel three times over the space of two weeks.

Location is really convenient for access to the Gardens and Museums (five minutes walk), quick drive down to the V&A Waterfront (5 minutes drive) as well as close to Table Mountain cableway etc. If you have a car, the parking underneath the hotel is safe and secure.

We had two interconnecting rooms for all of our visits which worked really well as we're travelling with kids who need their own beds and are too old to share with us. Some of the rooms were looking a little tired in places, fitting worn here and there by generally in a good condition. One thing which they do lack is storage space! Not a problem if you're a business traveller there for a few days, but if you've got suitcases of clothes, there's not much hanging space and little (no) drawer space.

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful (especially the team at breakfast), but the concierges do need to up their game. Sunday nights, most of the restaurants in the CBD area are closed - they should really know that since the hotel is right there in the CBD!!! But they dutifully called around to see if they could make reservations. Do they know of any good restaurants over in Camps Bay? No, sorry, don't know.

There are some really good restaurants in the area, all within walking distance - if you're a 'meat' fan, check out 'Carne' and '95' in Keerom Street - but you do need to book.

All in all, a good hotel to use as base.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Located on the edge of BoKaap, it is easy to get to all of the Cape Town attractions. Hotel is clean and comfortable. Travel desk staff are very aggressive, but not well-informed. Executive Lounge staffers are wonderful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Cape Town City Centre? Share your experiences!