“Excellent!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Cape Town City Centre

You added Hilton Cape Town City Centre to your Saves list
Hilton Cape Town City Centre
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   126 Buitengracht Street, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #41 of 103 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Staines, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great location, right in the city centre as the name suggests!! Service was excellent, very friendly and even though i arrived early they made every effort to help me get a room.
Room was excellent and very comfortable, the internet in the hotel very good!!!
I will stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hilton Cape Town City Centre with the TripAdvisor community.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our prime location, comfortable rooms, complimentary internet and friendliness of our team members. Your positive comments are much appreciated and I look forward to your next visit.

Markus Fritz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Thai first
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great staff, very friendly and helpful. I also used the pick up and drop off service to the airport which was excellent. We ate in the Indian restaurant and the food was very good but no alcohol served! Had a disappointing issue with the air conditioning in our room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us however I would like to take this opportunity to apologize once again for the issue regarding your air conditioning system.

Thank you for your kind comment about Mezbaan Restaurant. Kindly note that two of our restaurants, Bistro 126 and Mezbaan have been certified as Halaal by SANHA (South African National Halaal Authority)
Alcohol is available at Signal Hill Lounge located at the pool deck and the Executive lounge.

I hope this did not negatively affect your stay and my team and I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The hotel was very comfortable and provided excellent service. The hotel provides complimentary internet access but this was very slow at 256 kbps. The room service menu was very limited in nature and the hotel should look at enhancing this. Other than that, no issues with the hotel. The service, ambience and the room were very nice. I requested for late check out as had a a flight at 2100 but this was not possible and so I had to check out at 1200. I was even willing to pay for another night but was said it was not possible. Flexibility of extending stays should be evaluated.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre - it is highly appreciated.

We strive to provide excellent service at all times and I am pleased to learn that we could exceed your expectations.

Please accept my apologies for the frustration you experienced with regards to a slow Internet connection. The hotel offers high speed Internet vouchers and I deeply regret that you haven't been informed this possibility on check-in.

While we are always trying to meet our guests’ wishes, however at times of high occupancy we are unfortunately not always able to offer a late check-out.

Thank you for staying at Hilton Cape Town City Centre and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Spent 5 days in CT based in the Hilton & the customer service was simply superb!

As a HHonors Diamond we got access to the Exec lounge and I had called ahead to see if there was availability for an upgrade. We were on the 8th floor in a fantastic room with the most amazing view of Table Mountain.

The hotel is well located, has a convenient shuttle to the V&A and the food (breakfast & the Indian) was very good. Every member of staff was friendly and professional and it made all the difference to us.

Keep up the excellent service!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town Centre.

Your excellent review is appreciated and has been shared with the rest of the team. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our views, facilities and services.

Once again thank you for your kind comments and my team and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hotel check-in was very fast and the receptionist very courteous, but I was disappointed that the system did not identify that I'm a member of the Hilton Honours. The room and the bed were exquisite, the bathroom even had a scale, with a big free standing bath and separate shower that can fit four people (grown-ups). My only advice would be on the illuminated telephone, hairdryer, bedside radio clock and the blue light underneath the toilet seat, the glare robbed me of the peaceful sleep that I know I could have enjoyed until I had to cover them with towels. I was fortunate enough to have breakfast at the Executive Lounge as the breakfast room was too full and boy, it lived up to its name, the breakfast was exquisite. My only complaint is about my fellow guests, one was fiddling with 2 cellphones, in both hands and I bet he can't even recall what he had for breakfast. We had a very attentive waiter and you would have thought please and thank you will be standard words for guests of their stature, afterall they are executive guests, but no, they behaved like they owned him. I would recommend this hotel anytime.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Table Mountain are quite a recommendation
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and truly appreciate your kind comments. Your feedback and recommendation to other travelers is valued and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We attended the hotel for work for a few days and then stayed on. What can we say, great hotel, great location. Breakfasts are very good, and you have a choice of items being cooked, just had the french toast and pancakes. All the staff are very good, helpful and welcoming. MK Tours located here are just brilliant, we had a dedicated driver and went to the whale watching with Marine Dynamics, we also did Cape of Good Hope. Bed is big and comfy, hotel quite given that the city is so noisy, lovely soft pillows. The mezzanine area serves food and drink (the other two resturants do not serve alcohol), the area seems safe but it is wise to get a taxi back at night. the concierge staff are very knowledgeable, with good suggestions on places to eat and things to do. We will stay here again for pleasure. They offer a shuttle bus service that runs from 9am to 6 pm daily to the Watefront. Suggest you eat at Harbour House as it is excellent for sea food. If you want to take a tour with MK Tours ask for Naseer, he is very engaging and knows his stuff!

Room Tip: The standard rooms are excellent, a front room has views of table mountain.
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay with us at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

We at Hilton are excited to hear about all your positive experiences during your stay; thank you for sharing them with the TripAdvisor Community. Our team members are truly our most valuable asset and it is particularly warming to receive such great feedback. Please be assured that I have relayed your report to the rest of my team.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for more Hilton hospitality soon.

Belgium, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

All you need when you are making business. All the tools to work and to relax. Positive atmosphere. Close to the Waterfront. Yes, it in a Hilton Hotel ! For sure,this Hotel can be used for leisure business too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

We are pleased that you found all your needs and requirements met and enjoyed our central location and state of the art facilities.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Markus Fritz

Been to Hilton Cape Town City Centre? Share your experiences!