“Nice City Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Cape Town City Centre

You added Hilton Cape Town City Centre to your Saves list
Hilton Cape Town City Centre
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   126 Buitengracht Street, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa   |
Special Offer
30% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #43 of 103 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Cape Town
“Nice City Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here for one night when I had a function in Cape Town and overall it was a good experience.

Check-in was quick and efficient. Rooms are a nice size and well furnished. Though I didn't get around to using the facilities there's a small gym, sauna and steam room.

Breakfast was pretty good, lot's of variety and the option to order specific items from the kitchen.

Pretty much everything you need for a business or short-stay in Cape Town. Well-priced as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your positive comments regarding our facilities and quality of service is greatly appreciated.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Markus Fritz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Thai first
Sammamish, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We (family of 4) booked a 5-night award stay at this hotel in early August. Check-in procedures were smooth. Ms. Bose was VERY helpful and offered exceptional customer service - she provided us with freshly orange juice upon arrival late evening which was wonderful after a long flight from Europe. We were booked in the beautiful 2-bedroom suite on the 3rd floor - loved the spacious rooms! The beds were very comfortable; liked the plush towels, bathrobes and the well-stocked toiletries although the sinks didn't drain very well. The mini bar was also well- stocked with drinks, snacks and fresh fruit. Laundry service was available although pricy! Breakfasts in the Executive Lounge were very satisfying. Loved the fitness center and sauna! Unfortunately it was too cold for us to enjoy the outdoor swimming pool.

Here are some areas for improvement: check-in at the Executive Lounge was not smooth as the staff seemed confused we had access to the Lounge since we weren't staying on either the 7th or 8th Hilton Honors floors of hotel. This got a bit annoying after our 3rd day because we were repeatedly questioned by the waitstaff about our Executive Lounge priviledges. I suspect this hotel has had problems with non-Hilton Honors guests using the Executive Lounge! Another negative was that although the Executive Lounge offered appetizers & cocktails in the evening, the table service was poor (no utensils, plates) - it's almost as if the food was for display only and they (hotel) didn't want people consuming any of it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Due to renovations to the conference and business centre of the Hotel we regularly use in Cape Town I decided on the new Hilton Hotel in Cape Town for our recent training event. I am a gold member and was given an executive room with access to the lounge area, free Internet and all the trimmings that go with your gold membership.

The high floor room had a mountain view which included a view of the historic Bo-Kaap. The Hotel is about two years old so everything is stil new and modern but in a conservative way.

The room is a nice size with a genuine double bed and lots of pillows, a chair for relaxing, a working area and a good size bathroom.

The lounge offerings are fresh and adequate and the bar is fully stocked with a wide selection of beers, wines, spirits and other beverages.

The conference area consists of about six small rooms that open up into one big venue. Each of these venues can probably sit ten people. We were a bigger group so we had two rooms with the room devider removed with two screens, one for each room, one screen for one half of the enlarged room and another screen for the other half of the room which I found a bit irritating. I would probably not use the conferencing facilty again just for this reason, unless we are a very small group.

Yusuf who provides the services at the conference centre is probaly the most efficent person that I have ever met in a service role at any Hotel's conference venue. He is friendly and assists with everything and always with a smile. Nothing is to much for him. He arranged everything and catered for all our requests.

Lunches were taken in the Bistro on the gound floor. All food served were of good quality, tasty and were enjoyed by all. Service was just very slow. On average it took them more than an hour and twenty minutes to serve lunch to the thirteen people in our party. There were no other people in the restaurant.

Overall a good experience and one of the better Hiltons where I have stayed. Accommodation is more expensive than other Hotels in the area on the same level so the Hotel would probably not attract too many local patrons.

Room Tip: Request a room with a Signal Hill view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
A
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels in Cape Town and this is the fisrt hotel I can say I willl return to ... great value, great comfort, easily accessible, best front desk service I have experienced in Cape Town!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I was delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and that you would gladly return.

Your extremely positive comments regarding the service of our Front Office are greatly appreciated and have been shared with the team.

Once again, thank you for your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Hilton Cape Town, hands down, was the best service and Hhonors recognition recognition I have ever experienced. I was at a different hotel nearby and needed to switch hotels quickly. I booked online in the morning and half an hour later, walked over to the hotel and my reservation was already in the system. Tasha (I hope I have her name right) welcomed me warmly, thanked me for being a gold member, checked me in early, put me on the executive floor with lounge privileges, explained in detail the facilities, gave me internet access and made me feel right at home. The rooms were of the high quality that I expect from the Hilton brand and the toiletries were excellent. Excellent bathroom, good sized room with a king bed, lovely balcony, and turndown service with tea and slippers (my favorite). I felt myself relax tenfold after checking in to the Hilton and was able to enjoy the rest of my vacation. When I came back to my room after lunch, I received a plate of fruit and a welcome letter, which was very nice. Also, the lounge was excellent with good food selection for breakfast (eggs, pastries, muffins, fruit, juices), snacks at 6:00 (samosas, fish and beef skewers, cheese, crackers, canapes, biltong!) and drink selection (sodas, wine, whiskey, vodka, etc). The hotel is just a few blocks from Long Street and Greenmarket Square. The area that the hotel is in is quiet at night and can be a bit intimidating after dark but I thought it was fine. Overall, I can't say enough about the hotel and service I received at the Hilton Cape Town and look forward to staying there in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would gladly return.

I am delighted to receive an evaluation like yours and to know that our efforts to provide superior service are being represented by our team.

Your positive comments regarding the friendliness and efficiency of our team members as well as the quality of facilities and services are greatly appreciated and have been relayed to the rest of my team.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We used points for a five night stay here. As a Gold member, we were upgraded to the Executive floor and the lounge offerings could not be beat, A free breakfast with hot foods, free alcoholic beverages after 6pm with appetizers, free wifi, etc. There is plenty of staff always available to help. Free shuttle to the waterfront until pm is convenient. Only downside is the area really isn't safe at night as homeless people are sleeping directly across the street under a storefront. So as long as you take cabs at night, you are ok. I can't forget to add that they have turndown service too- something you never see at a Hilton in the US!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

As a Gold Member your loyalty to the brand is greatly appreciated and I am pleased that you were able to experience our amenities and exceptional service in the Executive Lounge as well as our complimentary shuttle service.

Our turndown service is one of many little extras in an effort to provide as much comfort as possible.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have returned from a beautiful vacation with the family at this Hilton Hotel in the heart of Capetown. Centrally located, so you can easily reach all sites from here.
I have personally been to this hotel two years ago, but something must have changed as the whole experience and service was by far better this time around. Maybe a new Management?
The kids enjoyed the pool and the attention by the kids-friendly staff, which made it a great treat for my wife and myself.
The Breakfast buffet offers a large variety of items and we didnt miss anything. Also, we had a spacious room, which seemed to have been renovated recently, definitely nice and clean. All the staff were very attentitve, from Front Desk, to Service staff, Housekeeping and Maintenance.
Thanks for a great stay and service and we hope to be back very soon! Keep it up!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Cape Town City Centre? Share your experiences!