“Great Stay ib Cape Town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Cape Town City Centre

You added Hilton Cape Town City Centre to your Saves list
Hilton Cape Town City Centre
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   126 Buitengracht Street, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #41 of 103 Hotels in Cape Town Central
“Great Stay ib Cape Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed for 3 days at the Hilton prior to going off on 21 day Cape Town to Victoria Falls Safari. I cannot recommend this Hotel enough to a foreign Traveler. The road outside the Hotel goes right to the Cable Car to the Top of Table Mountain! A must see destination in Cape Town. In addition the quality of service and high level of Customer Service made this a wonderful stay. Parking is about $8 a day under the hotel and is well worth the price.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of Table Mountain.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Your positive comments regarding our location and quality of service is greatly appreciated.

I am grateful that you would recommend the hotel to others and look forward to welcome you back soon!

Markus Fritz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

A gem among the Hilton Hotels. A great location and a very high level
of service.
Starting from a very friendly check in, we only had great experiences. The room is nice furnished and very clean, the housekeeping service is very attentive.
The breakfast was very good, they offered great selections.

The staff was outstanding in taking care of us. Definitely I will return and recommend this hotel again and to anyone!

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Hilton Cape Town City Centre. I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you would recommend Hilton Cape Town City Centre to others.

I am very pleased that would describe our hotel as "a gem" and that you enjoyed the central city location. Your positive comments regarding our Front Office and Housekeeping team members are appreciated and I have thanked them personally.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

The Hilton Cape Town offers everything you need for a perfect holiday in beautiful South Africa: modern style and nice furnished rooms and puclic areas, a great pool, great selection of tasty food, excellent wines and a great location to explore the city and it's surrounding.
These hard facts together with very welcoming and friendly staff made our holiday unforgetable! We hope to come back soon!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

It is particularly warming to know that we were able to contribute to your perfect holiday experience in South Africa. Your positive comments about our team is greatly appreciated and I have thanked them personally.

Looking forward to welcome you back to another unforgettable holiday!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed here on Points for 5 nights in late May, and the experience was very positive. Things I liked:
1. I'm HHonors Diamond. I received a tremendous room upgrade on my stay. We were in a 2 room suite which was amazing. HUGE room with an amazing view of Table Mountain.

2. Concierge service was terrific. We had great recommendations on tours.

3. Shuttle service was timely and well run. Mercedes E class picked us up at the airport for a shockingly modest fee, and the mini-van shuttle to the fisherman's wharf area was free.

4. Nice Executive Lounge. Nothing special, but solid.

What I didn't like:
1. The mosque down the street is between the hotel and Table Mountain. We were on the 8th floor and the prayers are sent through an amplifier in the area. It didn't wake us but you could hear it.

2. Not walking distance to much great food.

Terrific staff. Great room. Would stay there again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room with a view of Table Mountain.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Hilton Cape Town City Centre. I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you would return to our property.

Your loyalty as a Diamond member is appreciated and I am happy that we were able to spoil you with an upgrade to a 2 bedroom Suite.

Due to our location in the traditional Bo-Kaap area, some guests may be aware of the noise from the mosque. As a solution I can suggest requesting a pool facing room during your next stay. Your comfort is our top priority and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

Your positive feedback is appreciated and have been shared with the rest of my team.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Ramrod Key, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I really am pleased that I stayed at this Hilton property. They had excellent service, an amazing breakfast included and was centrally located close to my meeting and attractions of the area. They even had dedicated staff to arranging trips to match my need for quick visits to the sights of the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

I am very pleased that you enjoyed our central location and attractions offered in the immediate area.

Your positive comments regarding our excellent service is appreciated and have been relayed to the Concierge and rest of my team.

I am honoured that we were able to create vacation memories for you and look forward to welcome you back soon!

SHEEPY MAGNA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here whilst visiting my daughter
All in all it's a very nice hotel I would recommend it I felt entirely safe dispite being a woman travelling alone

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

Your comfort is our priority and I look forward to welcome you and your daughter back in the near future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

A standard 'in town' large hotel with welcoming staff. Best suited to business traveler rather than holiday maker. But we could not understand why only Halal food was served. No bacon for breakfast! This aspect would put me off if we ever go back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

Your positive feedback regarding our welcoming staff is appreciated and have been shared with the rest of my team.

As a global hospitality company, we serve as a meeting place for people from all walks of life. In an effort to meet the needs of our diverse guests and the communities in which we operate, Hilton Cape Town City Centre provides a Halaal-friendly environment.

Two of our restaurants, Bistro 126 and Mezbaan have been certified as Halaal by SANHA (South African National Halaal Authority). Although we do not have bacon, beef bacon is available as alternative.

I hope that this did not negatively affect your stay and that you were still able to create magical memories in Cape Town.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Markus Fritz

Been to Hilton Cape Town City Centre? Share your experiences!