I went to Cape Town expecting a 5 star hotel - instead it was more like a 2 star hotel. I arrived and had to haul my own luggage into the hotel - staff stood looking at me and did not help. I had asked for an early check in but this was not available so I went in the Hotel Shuttle to the V and A waterfront - I waited for the shuttle to come back and pick me up at the scheduled time (15 minutes past the hour) but on two consecutive hours it did not turn up.
My room was noisy, had a connecting door to another room and I could hear everything that went on in the room next door (all night long). Housekeeping was satisfactory, breakfast was poor and expensive for what I got - opted to eat out for a decent selection / price. There is a "hubbly bubbly" bar on the first floor - odd finding in South Africa? There are much better hotels for the money in Cape Town - I would not go back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Africa’s second largest city at the foot of Table Mountain, the Hilton Cape Town City Centre hotel is only 20 minutes from Cape Town Airport and is close to many shops and businesses, the wine district, a variety of beaches and the National Parliament. All of the modern Guest Rooms at this Cape Town hotel boast large windows, 32-inch LCD TVs and complimentary wireless internet access. Upgrade to an Executive Room for stunning views of Table Mountain or the city and access to the Executive Lounge, with complimentary breakfast, canapés and drinks. Hold a conference for up to 140 guests in one of 8 meeting rooms which offer the very latest in audio/visual technology and ensure your event is a success with our business center. Start the day with breakfast in Bistro 126, savor authentic North Indian cuisine in the elegant Mezbaan Restaurant and sip cocktails and relax with a fragrant shisha pipe in the exotic Signal Hill Terrace Lounge and Restaurant. Work out in our Fitness Center or soak up the glorious South African sunshine and stunning views of the Bo-Kaap and Table Mountain in the outdoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Hilton Cape Town City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre South Africa