“Lovely location and good food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Meloncino – Ristorante, Bar, Pizzeria ItalianoExperience authentic Italian cuisine in Cape TownMeloncino restaurant opened at the V&A Waterfront, bringing a genuine Italian flavour to our shores. The modern and stylish décor create an eclectic European vibe where one can sip cocktails and snack on canapés, nuts and olives. As someone suggested, “Close your eyes and you could be in Rome.” Open your eyes and you face the magnificent Table Mountain, as seen from the comfort of one of Meloncino’s white sofas. Expect home-made pasta with authentic Italian sauces, steaks and seafood from their charcoal grill, traditional wood-fired pizza and an extensive menu to choose from. In order to stay faithful to the original, various ingredients like cheese, coffee and wine are imported from Italy. Buon appetito!
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely location and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Had a nice atmosphere / service was very good / the food good and was well presented - we ate well (family of four 2+2) - well worth a visit.

Visited May 2013
Dear yummycool

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic evening with us. We value our guests and it is great to hear that the service and food lived up to your expectations.

Vanderbijlpark, South Africa
“I feel spoilt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

A friend and I were looking for a place with good food and great atmosphere. We strolled past Meloncino and were drawn in by the pizza. However, once we had a good look we were pleasantly surprised by our options and even more impressed when the food arrived. This is probably one of the best pizza's I've had. I highly recommend this place and will certainly be drawn back here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Ralphdup

Thank you for taking time to write this lovely review. We are delighted to see that you had a great experience at our restaurant. Our pizzas are very popular and we have had great comments about them. We are delighted that the overall experience was fantastic.

London
“Fantastic Vegetarian Food, Wine and Knowledgeable staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We are from UK and were at Meloncino recently and were totally thrilled with the food. The waiting staff namely Freeman was knowledgeable on the whole menu and and also the best wine to compliment the dish.

Being vegetarian one dose always have good vegetarian options but we were very happy with Meloncino choices and our dinner was superb.

We very much look forward to visiting Cape Town again and Meloncino being a top restaurant to visit with fantastic food,ambiance and value for money too.

We have eaten at many top Italian restaurants in Italy and were very pleased to taste the same authenticity of Italian food at Meloncino.

Dear hasu a

Thank you for dinning at Meloncino and writing a review on Trip advisor. We are thrilled to hear that you had a true Italian experience with us. We train our staff to have full knowledge of the food and wine list. I will pass on the compliments to Freeman the waiter and the kitchen staff. Thank you once again and we look forward in seeing you on your next visit to our African shores.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Fantastic Service!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Eating out as a family can be a mission sometimes, especially when the youngest one is being just plain difficult! Well that is the way it was when we went there last week. Our son decided he was not hungary and refused to order anything! I had the Venizzia (I think you spell it like that) a spinache and feta pizza and my wife had a fettuccini pasta dish. My son just ordered a chocolate milkshake(which is not even on the menu) and the waiter picked up that he was not a happy chappy. To cut a long story short, owing mainly to the fantastic service by both management and staff (conjuring up bottles of wine that was no longer on the menu) we left the establishment with a much happier son who got his favourite chocolate sauce on his ice cream! I recommend Meloncino to anyone who want a good dining experience together with fantastic service!

Dear Reuben C

Thank you for visiting Meloncino again and writing a second review. I am so glad you feel the consistency is there and that you and your family had a great time. I will pass on the lovely comments to your waiter Quiet. It was only a pleasure making your son feel comfortable and we look forward in hosting many more family dinners.

Co-owner.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great for work lunches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I use trip advisor a lot while I do admit I should contribute more, sometimes just don't find the time to write. When I see reviews like the one below by kite loser or something, it makes me extremely angry. Trip advisor is and should be used to write constructive reviews about restaurants specially on food and service, not based on some idiots personal design tastes, of which he probably has none, more than likely frequenting one of the many holes on the west cost where they serve you boxed frozen sea food.

Meloncino is one of my favourate meeting spots for work lunches.
Service is fast and efficient
The food is excellent and a variety of menu choices for something light or more substantial
On my recent visit I had the butternut ravioli, my colleague opted for the osso bocco which I believe is home made family recipe! Fantastic, will having that for dinner next time.

Something new though is the coffee. lavazza of course, however next time you go even if it is just for a coffee, order the Roma cappuccino (hazelnut) add very little sugar if any, it is amazing and you will have at least 2.

I hope when you read this review that you will actually find it helpful in relation to the actually food and service experience you will get at this place..... And not the decor Kite Loser!
If you not happy with a place tell us about the food and service so we know whether we should go or give it a miss!

Cheers

Dear kinetic46

Thank you for your constant patronage and for writing a second review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to here that we are just as good as the previous time. Thank you for all the lovely compliments and I hope to see you here for many more lunches!

Co-owner.