“Nice and Vibrant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel

Save Saved
You added African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel to your Saves list
African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner of Greys Pass & Orange Street | Gardens, Cape Town Central 8000, South Africa   |
Ranked #26 of 101 hotels in Cape Town Central
Pretoria, South Africa
“Nice and Vibrant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have stayed in the hotel for one evening in September 2013 whilst being on business in Cape Town. The hotel is situated excellently for business travel to Cape Town and is a walking distance from shops, Parliament etc. It is modern and the rooms are comfortable, nicely furnished and relaxing. Luv the bathroom and bed. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful and it was really a joy to stay here. I will definitely book here on my next trip to Cape Town... Well done!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
south africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a few nights during December 2010 (very late in reviewing, I know!).
What a beautiful hotel & we were given an amazing room - luxurious is the only word that comes to mind. The location was really ideal as well for us to explore the city. Have to mention the spaghetti carbonara that I ordered (numerous times!) from room service/in-room dining - so so good!
We are hoping to stay here again on our next trip coming up - hope it will be every good as we remember!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights during our honeymoon. The room was gorgeous and clean. I loved that we had a bathtub and that our sinks lit up! We had chilled champagne waiting for us in the room along with chocolates and a lady would come each evening to drop off a bottle of drinking water. We had breakfast every morning and there was a cocky girl but I didn't pay her any mind. I just went and got my breakfast at the great buffet. All in all, I really liked this hotel :-)

• Stayed April 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have stayed at 15 on most occasions during my very frequent visits to Cape Town since 2010. I have been booking at the hotel for my business and leisure travel even at times when my engagements went as far as the cape winelands. The only times I have not booked at 15 is when it was fully booked.

A LOT of things have changed a lot from that very first time in 2010 to my recent visit in August 2013. Each time I have booked at the hotel I have observed the deterioration in the offering, each time I have decided to book on account of giving the hotel another chance. Not again!

My reasons for my unhappy review:
- the cleanliness of the rooms is absolutely far from satisfactory... my room had hair all over the place. In the shower, on the bathroom floor, on the pillows. I got the feeling that my occupation of the room had interrupted a clean up.

-the supply of amenities was lacking (compared to my prior stays). During those early days there was always a vanity pack in the bathroom, disposal bag, shower/bath gel, amongst a whole lot of other things... this time I was 'fortunately' afforded shampoo, soap, lotion and shower cap in the bathroom. That's all! Am not asking for the Dermalogica samples that were a treat in the early days, it was very appreciated then. Today I look for basic hotel amenities which seem to be no longer on offer! The box that was meant to contain the 2nd disposal bag was empty??? It is a good idea to pack your own cotton wool and shower gel if you believe you are going to need any.

-the hotel used to offer the luxury of docking stations for what i believed to be for the smart phone/mp3 player guest. These are no where to be seen.

-the bathroom door hinges were broken causing the door not to close properly

-the mini bar was understocked with only 2 beers and a few soft drinks and lots of gaps where one used to find a variety of items on offer including bottled water

-the hotel no longer offers newspapers in the morning outside the room.

-murano bar staff totally was clueless on menu items from both the restaurant menu and the light meals menu. The man had to go consult 3 times on each question I asked on the menu items.

-the aircon functioning has always been a mystery even during my satisfaction days with the hotel!

-at check in, I was offered prokard membership which I believed I already had. I had signed up at 15 after all. I had since opted out after being hounded by call centre agents for payment on the 'complimentary' membership. I gave the staff the go ahead to activate it...AGAIN. It was 'surprisingly' found that there is duplicate membership on the system. I rest my case!!!!

The clincher for me was my very last breakfast though... I ordered an omelette which was dropped off without any offer for toast or condiments. Upon asking for toast and chilli sauce on the side, I waited an entire 20 minutes for the toast to arrive and even longer for the chilli sauce (in a bottle). Upon complaining to the waiter he shrugged his shoulders. I received the same response from the lady attendant who was checking on our satisfaction of breakfast.

All in all I believe 15 set a very high standard which has been more than hard to maintain and which alienates the guests who liked the hotel for the luxury that it offered in its heydays!

My experience has shifted my view from a 5 to a 2 star experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an outside looking window and not the rooms that look into reception.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear TSH010GP,

On behalf of African Pride Hotels, I would like to humbly apologise for your disappointing experience.

We would like to assure you that we, at African Pride Hotels, pride ourselves in delivering the best GUEST service and strive to get the basics right consistently. Your experience does not reflect the high standard we are usually proud to offer.

I confirm therefore that your concerns are being addressed in a serious light and that action is being taken to rectify any shortcomings in our service and facilities. I do however require some additional information from you to discuss your feedback in more detail as we are unable to locate your reservation details with your TripAdvisor profile name.

Your interest and concern are extremely valuable to us and value your feedback as an extremely important tool in our day to day operations, as this helps us to improve on our service delivery.

Kind regards,

021 469 8000
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

A perfectly located very cleverly designed modern hotel in the centre of Cape Town. Super bedrooms with wonderful bedding and lovely modern bathrooms. Nice business centre. Exceptional Staff. Lovely buffet breakfast. Great, and safe, escursions can be arranged by the hotel and are highly recommended. Gorgeous views. Lovely small SPA and swimming pool with bathing deck on the top floor. No complaints whatsoever.

Room Tip: External rooms have wonderful views. Internal rooms look onto the lobby and are amazingly different...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Helen L N,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel.

We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us at African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel and we are looking forward to welcome you back to 15 on Orange when next your travels take you to Cape Town!

Glens Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Great hotel with a very friendly staff. A distance from the waterfront but good location to take day tours. Do not eat dinner at hotel (just ok) restaurant but breakfast buffet and the bar is good. Rooms are super with great views and lots of room. Unique decor. We really enjoyed our stay here. We stayed here and did day tours and then moved to the waterfront for a couple days there.

Room Tip: Book escorted day tours instead wandering around on your own. Your TA can set these up ahead of tim...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mangocatpurring,

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at African Pride15 on Orange Hotel.
GUEST feedback is imperative for us to ensure whether or not we are meeting and exceeding our GUESTS' expectations. We need to know when we have done right, but more importantly, when we have done wrong!
Y
our interest and concern are therefore extremely valuable to us, and we hope that you will be staying with us again soon. We should welcome another opportunity to show you African Pride Hospitality at its best!

With best regards,

mashhad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

we stayed for 7 nights from 26th march.the lobby and other facilities were very nice.upon check in we were upgraded and our room was no 430 we could not be more impressed.the view of the table mountain from our room and the quality of the room is however excellent,bathroom is huge and impressive.there is free high-speed wireless internet in the hotel.the concierge staff are so friendly and helpful and will even drive you to wherever you want to go(in the hotel car of course for a reasonable fee)we were always greeted with a smile and it seemed like no concierge member was ever too much in a hurry to go out of their way to help us.be ware phone call is very expensive.however the stay was ruined by one thing:we ate breakfast in the hotel each morning for one week.in summary the hotel itself is certainly 5 star,however the service levels in breakfast are no where near that,seemed too many staff not quite sure what to do,a number of other guests at the breakfast time were complaning a bout the service in the restaurant,breakfast staff just havent been trained properly.we waited almost 15 minutes for coffee,the service was slow,dirty plates were not collected and everything asked has to be repeated more than once and the answers came very slowly with lack of interest in helping us and no eye contact what so ever.all in all we did not enjoy our breakfast and the big reason was staff specially one of staff her name was FEZE,we were forced to face with her every morning for having breakfast at the restaurant,she realized herself as a south african representative for miss world competition,so rude and selfish,she really had problems with listening to us or she has simply made her mind up about ignoring people eating breakfast.shame on you

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear hamidrezamonshizadeh,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments pertaining to your recent stay at African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel.

Many thanks again for your comments and we look forward to welcome you back to 15 on Orange Hotel when next you visit Cape Town. We should welcome another opportunity to show you African Pride Hospitality at its best!

Kind regards,

Douglas Allen

Been to African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel? Share your experiences!