A welcome long weekend break at this excellent 5 star hotel. The location for all the sights is very good and the taxis are cheap and reliable if you don't care for the walks. That said, night walks are not recommended in the immediate area. We had booked for a luxury king with city view and balcony, and were upgraded. We queried this as when we got to the room, we were on the 4th floor, could only see the building opposite and there was no balcony. We were informed by the front desk that yes we had been upgraded to a much bigger room. Although we were happy with the room we were still a little disappointed about no balcony or view. The staff were always friendly and helpful except for checkout. First of all the concierge was not able to do the check in at the airport for us as the computer was not letting her. (She told us). The Internet access was very slow in the hotel and I noticed that she had a great deal of other pages open at the same time which may have been one of the problems. After phoning the airline (Kalula) she found out that we had been checked in and after many tries, she printed some sort of boarding passes which I knew weren't correct. On getting to check in, we had to get proper ones printed again. The checkout lady at the front desk was very abrupt as if she was robotic, however, the rest of the staff as I said were excellent and made up for the other two. One strange problem with the room was that the electric lead to the kettle was plugged in through the back of the table and drawers and into the top drawer. This was fixed and could not be removed. This meant that the drawer had to be left open and the kettle brewed in the drawer!! I may be wrong, but I don't think that clients would want to steal the electric lead to the kettle! As I said, the Internet access was very slow but useable. With all that, it was still an excellent place to stay and enjoy the sights of Cape Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern-day landmark in the historic heart of the city, Taj Cape Town blends contemporary elegance and old-world charm in an unforgettable experience. The hotel will continue to uphold the traditions of unparalleled luxury and impeccable service that, for over a century, have been the hallmarks of Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Taj Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Taj Cape Town South Africa