When we reached our room on the 14th floor , we were awestruck. The view of the table mountain through their beautiful glass windows is absolutely stunning.
The rooms are spacious and luxurious. Just like most Taj hotels , the housekeeping department here is well trained too and the rooms look spick and span all the time.
The only flaw I found was the lack of coordination among their various departments :-
1. The tea and coffee in the rooms is strangely replenished by the In room dining guys...so if our room was made up by the housekeeping ( morning or turndown service ) they would not inform the concerned department to replenish the stocks. Each time you need to call the In room dining guys to do so.
2. The concierge and front desk too need to work together. I had booked a package which included airport transfers.
a ) I had mentioned my flight details for the arrival when I made my booking on the Taj website. But i was never sent a confirmation / reminder about it. So just to be on the safe side , I sent an email to them , after which it was confirmed.
b ) when I informed the concierge about the airport transfer for my departure , it was sadly reflected in my bill when I checked out ( despite the fact that I had mentioned to the lady at the concierge that it was already included in my stay ) . Though the front desk very quickly removed that charge once I spotted that mistake , but , I frankly do not expect such errors from Taj.
But the concierge was overall fantastic. There was a guy there in the mornings and he was very courteous. He made all our bookings to the cape of good hope , table mountain and hop on hop off bus and he was kind enough to deliver our tickets directly to us even if we were having breakfast at Mint.
Mint is a nice restaurant. We had our breakfast there and it was quite nice. My only suggestion would be that they should improve the Indian section. The dosas were good , but on the last day , all of them , were coming slightly burnt ( probably due to a change of chef ). Apart from South Indian cuisine , I wish they had kept some North Indian dish as well.
Overall , this hotel is fantastic and the location is very good. Would love to return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern-day landmark in the historic heart of the city, Taj Cape Town blends contemporary elegance and old-world charm in an unforgettable experience. The hotel will continue to uphold the traditions of unparalleled luxury and impeccable service that, for over a century, have been the hallmarks of Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Agoda, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Taj Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Taj Cape Town South Africa