When we reached our room on the 14th floor , we were awestruck. The view of the table mountain through their beautiful glass windows is absolutely stunning.
The rooms are spacious and luxurious. Just like most Taj hotels , the housekeeping department here is well trained too and the rooms look spick and span all the time.
The only flaw I found was the lack of coordination among their various departments :-
1. The tea and coffee in the rooms is strangely replenished by the In room dining guys...so if our room was made up by the housekeeping ( morning or turndown service ) they would not inform the concerned department to replenish the stocks. Each time you need to call the In room dining guys to do so.
2. The concierge and front desk too need to work together. I had booked a package which included airport transfers.
a ) I had mentioned my flight details for the arrival when I made my booking on the Taj website. But i was never sent a confirmation / reminder about it. So just to be on the safe side , I sent an email to them , after which it was confirmed.
b ) when I informed the concierge about the airport transfer for my departure , it was sadly reflected in my bill when I checked out ( despite the fact that I had mentioned to the lady at the concierge that it was already included in my stay ) . Though the front desk very quickly removed that charge once I spotted that mistake , but , I frankly do not expect such errors from Taj.
But the concierge was overall fantastic. There was a guy there in the mornings and he was very courteous. He made all our bookings to the cape of good hope , table mountain and hop on hop off bus and he was kind enough to deliver our tickets directly to us even if we were having breakfast at Mint.
Mint is a nice restaurant. We had our breakfast there and it was quite nice. My only suggestion would be that they should improve the Indian section. The dosas were good , but on the last day , all of them , were coming slightly burnt ( probably due to a change of chef ). Apart from South Indian cuisine , I wish they had kept some North Indian dish as well.
Overall , this hotel is fantastic and the location is very good. Would love to return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taj Cape Town welcomes guests to the vibrant heart of the one of the world's most scenic and desirable cities, Cape Town. The hotel is a combination of rich history and elegant contemporary architectures. Originally home of the South African Reserve Bank and Temple Chambers and later the Board of Executors (BOE), it successfully combines the heritage of the old with the luxury of the new - a 100 years in history ! This luxury hotel is perfectly located in the centre of historic Cape Town at the entrance of the famous pedestrian precinct, St George's Mall. It's prime location ensures a blend of fascinating history, exotic culture, soulful art, lively entertainment and delectable cuisine. - Within walking distance to most tourist attractions, monuments, museums, shopping, restaurants, markets and nightlife. Adding to this grand yet welcoming atmosphere are the two dining experiences, the Indian fine dine specialty restaurant, Bombay Brasserie and Mint, a relaxed all-day dining restaurant. Both are warm and welcoming and serve outstanding cuisine. Alongside this you'll find wonderful Champagne and tapas bar known as The Twankey Bar which is exceedingly popular with both locals and guests alike. Rooms are located in both the heritage buildings and the contemporary tower wing, but all continue to seamlessly merge history and modernity. Luxury Rooms have spectacular city or breathtaking mountain views overlooking the famous Table Mountain and the Taj Club Rooms and suites offer all the benefits of the executive Club Lounge including butler service, evening canapes, cocktails and private breakfast. One and Two Bedroom Suites are also available, perfect for the discerning traveller or for families. The award winning Jiva Grande Spa is one of its kind in Africa with unique and authentic wellness treatments and experiences. Also on offer is complimentary use of all wet areas, heated pool, and a high tech gymnasium - a Member of the Leading Hotels of the World ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Taj Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Taj Cape Town South Africa