“Explosion of flavours” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open Monday to Friday for lunch and dinner. Saturday's for Private Functions only
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Explosion of flavours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

For a very long time this is a very great experiance for me as foodie - the first tought was - an explosion of diffrent flavours and herbs and all my taste budds jumped - skyhigh.

I was very impressed about the new setting - as the previous location did not match with the quality of food - now BIZERCA reached it's final destination.

Well done and carry on like that I certainly will return

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Even better than before!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was my first visit since they changed locations, and the new one suits them perfectly! The courtyard is protected and features the oldest producing vine in the southern hemisphere (we were told). It would be beautifully shady on hot summer afternoons. We went on a cool mid-week evening, but were not cold sitting outside.

The food is, if anything, better than ever. We had duck and beef and enjoyed both. The wine list is also satisfactory. I will go back.

Be sure to book in advance.

Cape Town
“House of flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

It was a hot summers day, i walked through the entrances and there were no tables inside, as I walked through the restaurant i entered a magical courtyard with a great atmosphere!

Started off with some bubbles & oysters with an amazing gooseberry salsa which was amazing! my second course i had an organic tomato salad bursting with exciting flavors!

For my main course i had beef cheek bourguignon, the meat was incredibly tender and the sauce to die for - this meal is a must if its on the special board.

For dessert i had a lime cheesecake, which was one of the best ever!

Our waiter was very helpful and did a great job. I would highly recommend this restaurant - and remember to book in advance.

• Visited January 2013
Hamptons. NY
“Wow! A great find.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Friends took me to BIZERCA, in Heritage Square. It's an area I rarely visit to dine, preferring oceanside restaurants. This spot, however, was worth the jumble of the city bowl. The maitre d' looked about fourteen. He walked us through a blackboard menu and alarm bells rang with his pronunciation of mange tout ('manga toot') and Provencal ('provenkarl'). Managers really should get that bit right. I was in a carnivorous mood, starting with yellowtail tartare and THEN steak tartare with pommes frites. We closed with a shared bowl of pommel tartine (clearly, an evening of tarty food!) and figs. But, boy, was it good. Enough to halt any vegetarian ambitions stone dead. Our waiter was lively and attentive, a real personality without being intrusive. I want to rush back there and have exactly the same meal: can't say more than that.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gaborone, South-East, Botswana
“A great evening marred by poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Situated in the pretty courtyard of Heritage Square Bizerca Bistro serves innovative contemporary food from a very small printed menu and a chalkboard of daily specials. The food has the potential to be excellent, but the service needs a lot of work. Wonderful seafood soup cooled as we waited for spoons; a roasted mango crepe arrived straight out of the fridge, the pancake thick and stodgy; we poured our own wine and water throughout the meal. In between were flashes of brilliance - duck cooked to perfection, salmon tartar expertly seasoned and of course that fabulous seafood soup. We had a great evening marred by chaotic, sporadic and occasional downright arrogant service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere