“Fantastic food, but don't forget service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open Monday to Friday for lunch and dinner. Saturday's for Private Functions only
Uk
“Fantastic food, but don't forget service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Decor simple but extremely effective mains on the blackboards great for my wife's poor sight signature dishes in menu book. I started of with stunning yellow fin tuna tartar , with mango awesome the corriandar leaf really finished it of. Manis were fantastic too, as we're, the only problem was as evening went on service a bit patchy as waiters end up tidying up in kitchen and maitre de was too busy entertaining a VIP , apart from that some of the best food we have has since we have been here

NY
“Wonderful food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

This was the best meal we had in cape town. The fish special of pan fried flipklip with root beets was done superbly. We could not have done better in Paris for this type of value. Dessert of an apple tart with caramel ice cream was worth the wait. Order it when you order your meal because it takes 45 minutes. It certainly was fresh.
Service was good but there was just too much of it. I felt that there was always someone lingering about to pour my wine or water or offer me bread and so on. Just not my style but the staff was always pleasant and helpful.

Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
“great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

First there was a little misunderstanding with a rude lazy waiter, but it was set aright when someone else took over. Ate pan fried kingklip with bean, baby carrot ragout... for my main dish + a great desert of unbelievably good brownie ice cream + a shot mixture of coffee and jack daniel. The food was so sinfully good! I had walk for 2 hours after just for my sanity.

Visited November 2012
Kendal
“Sensational food,service friendly and well-meaning but lacked co-ordination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I dined at the old Bizerca about 3 years ago.The food then was excellent,but they had the most uncomfortable seating I had ever had in a high class restaurant.I heard they had moved so thought it was worth a try.The seats outside here,are wooden,fortunately,you could get a cushion.Great food has to be enjoyed in comfort.
The restaurant is now in Heritage square-they should ensure both entrances are open,as it is quite odd having to walk round to find the entrance.
It was a glorious evening so we were sitting outside in a lovely courtyard.It is a beautiful setting,but the lighting could be improved a little-reading the menu was a challenge!
Turning to the food and wine.Mum had the Veal tongue as I starter-I was going to as well,but alas there was only one left.She told me it was delicious!I started with a ceviche of Salmon with Asian spices which was very good.
The Duck main was beautifully cooked and the sauce was fabulous.We both loved it.The only downside my Cab Sauvignon arrived half way through the course-it was a lovely wine too.I would have loved more time to savour it.
The highlight of the meal though was an amazing soft centred chocolate pudding with a fruit sorbet and divine creme brulee that was heavenly.
The service was friendly but lacked the zip and co-ordination I expect from a restaurant that is turning out such amazing food.
In summary great food and wine,but very average service (albeit always with a smile) and if you are sitting outside be sure to ask for a cushion.
I will return as the food was terrific.
Kendal mint

• Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Charming bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were lucky that there was a cancellation, the restaurant is usually booked up weeks in advance. Fortunately we had the address because there was no signage outside the grey Georgian building, elegant and discreet in the extreme! Inside the decor was great, simple but effective. They are not open on weekends. The menu on the blackboard changes daily, depending on what's in season or the chef's whims. We thought the service was good, the food excellent with really good presentation, the wine list reasonably priced. We had a prawn starter, which was sublime, followed by a perfect steak. This was an excellent dining experience, a real treat.

• Visited October 2012