“Excellent Meal and Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Societi Bistro

Societi Bistro
50 Orange Street | Gardens, Cape Town Central, South Africa (City Bowl)
021 42 42 100
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French, Italian, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: City Bowl
Adelaide, Australia
“Excellent Meal and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We didn't have a booking, but the very friendly staff managed to find us a table even though it was very busy. For main course, we ordered the Venison and the Crispy Skin Chicken. Both dishes were superb in presentation and taste. We were disappointed we hadn't found Societi earlier, as it still remains one of the nicest meals we had in 6 weeks in South Africa. Loved the Bistro atmosphere, ambience and first class service. If we get back to Cape Town one day, we would be sure to return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“They redeemed themselves completely - 10 out of 10!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

In May I wrote a bad review about Society Bistro here on Trip Advisor and as a result Society's manager got in touch with me, very disappointed to hear of my bad experience and insisting that I come meet with the owner and chef in order to relay my story and help them avoid anything like this again in the future.

I nervously accepted this offer, since I had no idea what I would be walking into, but my nerves were put to ease within a matter of minutes. Not only were all the staff very friendly and attentive, the owner and chef greeted us warmly and were very gracious as they sat through my rendition of the events.

They took notes and asked questions to help ascertain exactly what went wrong and why. After our brief discussion, the meal (spaghetti lemone) that I had the previous time was served to me again - this time it was delicious and flavoursome - in no way reminiscent of what I ate previously.

I must say our hosts spoilt us with wine, cake and cheese and about 3 hours later we finally left, having had a really memorable experience. I commend them for going through all this effort to rectify their mistake and improve my impression of Society Bistro.

I will for sure go back to this restaurant and give them another try in the near future.

Thank you!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great 'local' Bistro.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Good value and surroundings. Easy eating not fussy. Great value! Fish and chips was fab. People eat early (6-7pm) and it was full when we arrived - glad we had a reservation.

Visited June 2013
Vingaker, Sweden
“Lasting memory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

After eating our way through CT, Societi Bistro is surely a lasting memory.
Fantastic food and a good wine list, topped up with good service make me put this place on my "must visit again"-list.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Good Cape Town bistro for a cold winter's night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our dinner at Societi began with a problem as there was no record of my reservation- despite a long conversation on the phone when I made the booking! The maitre d' handled the problem well and it didn't take long before she found something suitable for us. The menu may be a little bit short but we enjoyud our meal. The service was excellent. I liked the option of making a donation for Street Kids on the bill. Good idea. We'll be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food