My husband and 3 other couples stayed 5 nights at this fabulous hotel. Upon our arrival at check-in, we were immediately offered cool drinks and warm towels to freshen ourselves. And what a surprise to learn that we had been upgraded from a standard room to a suite! The suite was enormous, almost 1700 sf or 160 sq m, with dining and lounge area, guest bathroom, king-sized bedroom, separate his and hers bathrooms and spacious balcony with patio tables and chairs. Also each couple received a bottle of complimentary bottle of South African wine, which was excellent. I only wish I could remember the name.
The service was impeccable. Dianne and Terri arranged our days perfectly with suggestions of restaurants, reservations, activities, and transportation. Every night the turn down service left Lindt chocolates, extra bottled water, and closed the drapes. One evening I accidentally knocked over the glass soap dish off the tub, and called housekeeping to send someone to clean up the broken shards of glass. Someone came in less than 5 minutes and promptly swept and vacuumed the bathroom floor.
The spa was stunning, from the relaxation lounges to the warm water pool and large showers, the facilities exuded luxury and comfort. I also received a fantastic massage from Beth.
Breakfasts included in our stay were spectacular. The assortment of pastries, charcuterie, cheeses, fruit, cereals, bacon, and eggs cooked to order would satisfy the most discerning guest. They even offered oysters and champagne as everyday fare.
My only complaint would be that afternoon tea was a bit disappointing. While the pastries and sandwiches were beautifully presented, unfortunately the taste did not quite measure up to the expectations drawn from the display. But it was such a minor flaw to our entire experience at One and Only. This truly is the one and only hotel where we enjoyed such incomparable amenities and I recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa