This is the last hotel on our South African Tour, so we picked (actually a very knowledgable lady from Kuoni did) a very special hotel known for it's location on it's own island on the V&A waterfront in Cape Town, it's also famous for modern opulent architecture, high end luxury and fine dining.
Ok this is not a budget hotel but when you want to push the boat out ,it's wonderful to not only get what you dream of but much more.
As soon as you pull up the long curved driveway into the entrance, your experience starts, a lovely doorman in tophat greets you , says leave every thing to him just go through to reception and check in. The car is parked for you and when you get to the room the luggage appears, no hassle.
As soon as the hotel realised that this was a 25 year anniversary celebration champagne was offered and an upgrade to one of the hotels famous Island Suites organised, even though the hotel was very full.
A wonderful lady called Diana Romburgh made us feel so welcome and when we got to our room she had arranged champagne and gorgeous choclates , plus a very nice card with best wishes from the hotel.
I cannot begin to say how fantastic the rooms are in the One and Only , suffice to say they are regal in size and designed with comfort and luxury to the highest degree. The facilities would take forever to list but a infinity swimming pool which is naturally oxygenated, Spa, fitness rooms, just to name a few offerings, oh and two world class restaurants.
We will always remember the One and Only Cape Town for all the right reasons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splendia, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa