We were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary.We booked an Island king room. As soon as we arrived, we were warmly greeted and was taken to our room by the check in consultant. We were pleasantly surprised when we were upgraded to a one bedroom island suite with a Kitchen( did not use but it was beautiful fitted with all the appliances including double door fridge), a guest toilet, lounge, dining room and huge bedroom with dressing area and bathrooms. We found a chilled bottle of champagne and candied almonds with a selection truffle chocolates, a bottle of red wine and a fruit platter. My 8 year old son also got a beautiful wire and bead lizard with a little note. They had a selection of teas, a ( which I used a lot)nespresso machine and complimentary bottled water. Rooms are serviced twice daily. On the first night we returned to our room with rose petals on the bed and in the tub with candles lit everywhere. Was an extremely romantic atmosphere . Plus they have 2 gowns per person, including gowns for kids with little slippers. Its not the huge burly white gowns you get at most hotels. These are soft and luxurious.
My son throughly enjoyed the Kids Club. He did not want to go anywhere but spend time with other kids playing Wii and PS. They also did a lot of arts and crafts, watched movies. Its a brilliant Kids Club. I am very paranoid about leaving my son in any Kids Club but I was completely at ease at The one and Only.
The breakfast was brilliant. You could help yourself to the buffet and order from the menu. We dont eat beef or pork and the waiter brought us chicken and lamb sausages and he was happy to whip up anything else we needed. They have champagne and oysters for breakfast each morning. Great selection of fruits, nuts, yogurts, cold cuts, hot meals, juices, etc.
We ate at Reubens and at Nobu for dinner and the food was very good. at both restuarants. The valet service and the staff were brilliant. We were greeted each morning by our names. The location is brilliant. a few minutes walk to The V&A and right next door to the aquarium. I would not hestitate to stay at The One and Only Cape Town again. We had a brilliant stay and I could not find fault in anything.
Thank You One and Only for a fantastic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Splendia and Jetsetter so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa