We chose One & Only Cape Town for a 10th anniversary trip over the Christmas-New Year's 2012 holidays. We had a great time and would strongly recommend the hotel to anyone planning to visit the city or the area.
The hotel seems big but not massive. The rooms as very clean and well-appointed and our room included a view of the waterfront but mostly of table mountain, which was a great way to start each day as we had breakfast on our balcony.
The thing that made the hotel stand out most was the staff and the concierge service. MANY months before our actual trip, I contacted the concierge service for help with planning local activities and reservations. Cape Town and the surrounding areas have some world-class restaurants and I wanted to make sure we could secure some desired reservations. Their concierge staff provided outstanding support, helping to arrange airport transfers, tours and reservations -- and all went off without a hitch. They were always quick to respond and helpful with alternative suggestions for those times when our desired reservations were not possible.
The staff also arranged some fun New Year's Eve activities. Of the 3 dinners planned on site, we attended one in the ballroom which was tastefully done (although we were advised it was black tie and practically no one attended in that attire. not the hotels fault, but be aware lest you come in a tux and no one else has). There was also a band in the main lobby that seemed to start slow but had a full dance floor as the evening went on and played a great range of cover songs.
One & Only has a good brand reputation and the Cape Town location was a good representative. It was a great home base for our travels around the area and a fun place at New Year's as well as for drinks and time at the pool. Most of all, the staff and concierge team was a critical part of making our whole trip successful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splendia, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa