“Good food and good atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beleza

Beleza
Cnr Kloofnek and Burnside Roads | Beleza Is Listed in the Internationally Acclaimed Book "Where Chefs Eat " This Is An International Restaurant Guide. Unlike Other Guides, We Didn't Ask Critics Or Foodies to Tell Us Where the Best Places to Eat in the World Are, We Asked the People Who Know Food the Best, Over 400 of the World's Top Chefs. Where Chefs Eat Has More Than 2, 000 Personal Recommendations for Where to Eat Around the Globe Recommended by the World's Best Chefs, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa (City Bowl)
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: City Bowl
Nairobi, Kenya
“Good food and good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had a relaxed dinner at Beleza with a couple friends and it was a good choice. I had the seafood paella, my friends had the fillet with red wine sauce and the seafood curry, and all three were delicious. The servers were friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere was relaxed and made me feel at home. The crepes for dessert were great.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lisbon, Portugal
“Misleading marketing and poor food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I went to Beleza looking for Portuguese food. I did not find it. There is not one item in the menu that can be considered part of the Portuguese cuisine. Not really Italian also, aside for some clichés. Half of the menu is about eggs and burgers, i.e. fast food.
We ordered the prawns and a vegetarian dish. The concept of the chef appears to be, serve anything in a soup of cream sauce, and people will eat it. Great if your aim is to become obese.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Paarl, South Africa
“Dependable breakfast spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is my go-to place for breakfast when I find myself in the city by early morning. Not the snappiest service, but it is comfy and I have never had a reason to complain about my breakfast. I usually have the Barato breakfast of 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and white toast which at R16 is a bargain and is more than enough food to keep me going for a few hours. Good cappuccino too. I have however never been impressed with the vintage clothing on sale; seems like a bunch of people just wanted to get rid of unwanted old clothes; and I'm saying that as an absolute fan of vintage. Pity also about the smoking in the partly-covered outside area.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pretoria, South Africa
“Peri-peri prawns- delicious! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I've been to Beleza a couple of times and have tried a few of the dishes.

My favourite is the peri peri Mozambique prawns! They were done nicely and was good value for money! They also have a vegetarian pasta/ lasagne which is delicious. My friends have it every time!

I also had my 21st at Beleza, all the guests loved the platters of food served by Ron and staff!

Ron can seem a bit intimidating and the waitresses can be too busy to serve you but Beleza is a beautiful restaurant definitely worth a visit!

“Excellent food and service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Beleza is one of my favourite restaurants in the Mother City. The food is always delicious. There is an Awesome atmosphere, quick service and the staff are lovely. The restaurant itself is comfortable and homely and the prices are very reasonable . I definitely recommend it!!

Visited November 2013