“Lovely burger & shakes” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely burger & shakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had lovely lunch here. It has a buzzy atmosphere and quirky interior. The staff were attentive and the food great. The variety of burgers etc is amazing. We also particularly liked the option of sweet potato fries! It seemed popular with the locals too which is always a good sign! A great place to lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Strand, Western Cape, South Africa
“Still Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have not eaten at the Royal for a little while and decided to meet a friend for a burger. I usually only have the vegetarian options as there are so many!. This time I chose the Hawaiian burger with all the trimmings and my friend had the lamb burger, my son a pizza a milkshake.
Our food was delicious. The shake definitely the best in Cape Town and I have to say I have been converted. I now will have the Hawaiian again and again!
Well done on getting it right every time. Quite an accomplishment.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Durban, South Africa
“Best burgers & shakes in Cape Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

If you LOVE and good burger then this is the best place in town. They have an extensive, creative menu of gourmet burgers, out-of-this-world shakes and the best sweet potato fries in Cape Town. An added bonus is that they have a wonderful variety of vegetarian burgers. Great vibe, great food, amazing shakes. I go every time I visit Cape Town.

• Visited March 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great restaurant in Centre of Cape Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This restaurant situated in Long Street in Cape Town is one of its most popular for the yuppie crowd.
Their top attraction is their various hamburgers which are amazing.
From beef to lamb, their combinations are a treat.
The only detraction was their molito jug, which was tasty but contained very little alcohol.
Otherwise a great evening.
Booking normally essential.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“The most amazing burgers I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I like meat, and I've been to a lot of famous burger joints, but this one takes the cake. The location is great, on upper Long Street and is a great stop for a bite while walking through the bustling city center.

While the prices were a little higher than average it was well worth it. The burgers are made from freshly ground meat and spiced and basted to perfection. They also come with a generous portion of fries (I went with the sweet-potato ones and they were delicious).

I tried to slow myself down to enjoy the masterpiece that was on my plate but wolfed it down in about 5 minutes.

My only gripe about the place is that our waitress disappeared for about 10 minutes when we wanted to get the bill, but everything else was great. The decor and presentation of the menu were very novel and interesting, staff were friendly and the atmosphere was great. Highly recommended.