“Cape Royale is home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cape Royale Luxury Hotel

You added Cape Royale Luxury Hotel to your Saves list
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Main Road | Green Point, Cape Town Central 8051, South Africa   |
Ranked #32 of 103 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Cape Royale is home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I wish I could live in Cape Royale - although I was on a trip I felt at home. Our room was HUGE. We had our own Kitchen, balcony view of the Newlands Stadium and water, two rooms, living room and a ten minute walk from VA Waterfront. Although we were near the water, I still felt as though we were very central. Front desk staff were more than accommodating when we arrived very late due to a missed flight and they offered many options for my friend and I, when it came to tours and sight seeing. I have traveled quite often but I will definitely go back to Cape Town and I would never stay anywhere other than Cape Royale.

Room Tip: Request a water view and pay for the upgrade - The view makes a difference and is worth every penny.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Our stay at the Cape Royale was a little disappointing considering that it is not the cheapest place to stay in Capetown. When we arrived in our room, the bed linen was dirty and there was hair and dust around the room as well. We called reception and asked this to be cleaned – despite two visits from house staff, the sheets remained unchanged. I’m usually not picky about stuff like this, however a hotel with this star rating and cost was disappointing. However, reception and travel desk staff were EXTREMELY helpful and friendly. The location is also pretty good with loads of restaurants within 100meters and the view from the rooftop bar is awesome. The spa at the hotel is also incredible – anyone staying at the Cape Royale must make sure to go to the spa.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The two of us had 5 nights here on arrival in Cape Town at the end of October staying in a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite which seemed to be cheaper than other rooms in nearby hotels at the time we booked. Despite arriving at 11am the suite was ready and we were warmly welcomed and the staff were helpful and friendly throughout.
We were on the 4th floor and chose the bedroom with windows to the outside and were not disturbed during the night. it was great to have a bathroom each for that quick shower before going out.
We enjoyed breakfast once we got the hang of ordering stuff in batches - order the fruit, meusli, cooked breakfast etc at once and it all comes at once so the cooked stuff gets cold while you tuck into the meusli (which incidentally was wonderful - all seeds so needs to be mixed with fruit or yoghurt)
Turn left out of the front door and you soon come to an excellent Italian restaurant
On the ground floor of the hotel - accessed from outside, is an excellent Thai restaurant
Turn right out of the front door and you soon come to Woolworths which is open to ?8pm and has boxed salads and other goodies to take back to eat in front of the TV in your suite.
The suite was always spotlessly clean - despite our efforts to mess it up and leave dishes unwashed - towels replaced even though not requested, and plenty of shower gel etc.
We had no problems with money going missing as throughout our stay it was well hidden in clothes pockets on the bottom of shelves.
Yes, we can definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Whitstable, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

MY wife and I and my son and daughter in Law have just returned from a 9 night stay at this wonderful hotel.My wife celebrated her 70th birthday whilst we were there and I must say the management and staff helped to make this a special day for her. Which ever staff member we met at what ever time of day there was always a smile and a warm greeting which made one feel special.A special mention for the duty manager Jason who gave exceptional service.We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite on the 8th floor room 801 which was well decorated and furnished. The suite was cleaned to a high standard every day and the turn down at night always left a little treat on the pillows. The Banting restaurant is well worth a visit the quality of the food is fine dining.and pre drinks at the Monkey Bar were always a very pleasent time to spend before and after dinner.The location to the V and A waterfront is no more than 10 min walk and we felt very safe.I am so glad we picked this hotel we were so sorry to say goodbye. My wife and I will return to wonderful Cape Town and when we do we will certainly stay at the Cape Royale this would be like coming home.

Room Tip: The top floors have the best views of table mountain
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Arlington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This Hotel was really 5 star. The staff were polite and friendly. The 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment that I booked was Beautifully furnished and clean . evening Turn down service was nice with a bottle of water a robe , slippers and a nougat placed close to our beds. Good location close to many restaurants. free 1 gig wifi for the weekend.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the main Road, the rooms on the side do not have the best views
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
TerriJabaar, General Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this wonderful review of our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the services we have to offer. Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with all our team.

Wishing you a safe and pleasant journey back home and a very happy festive season.

Royal Regards
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This Hotel has a reasonable location in Green point just out of the city centre with a good array of restaurants nearby. The Rooms in this all-suite hotel are spacious and comfortable, and the Juliette balconies are a nice touch to let in some fresh air. However what made The Cape Royal remarkable were two incidents, one trivial which was having loose change disappear from my bedside table when the room was cleaned- I average 60 different hotels every year and this is the first time this has ever occurred, and the experience was also shared by a travelling companion in a different room.
The somewhat less trivial was the response of the hotel staff during a black out which occurred at dusk. It was disturbing not to receive a call to the room or a have hotel staff member let us know what was happening. However even more worrying was the emergency lighting essential in evacuation was not working at all- no illuminated signs above the fire exits and no lighting what so ever in the internal and pitch black hallway- had the blackout been related to a fire or some reason making evacuation necessary it could have been a rather more serious outcome. (The emergency sings are there, but the battery back up is either flat or not connected and this was not isolated to our level and was a wide spread issue) I took the time to raise this with the duty manager who was obvious with her lack of interest

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate the positive comments you have made but we are confused about the 2 'trivial' points that you noted. Here are our comments:

Point 1 - we have no record of any complaint whatsoever having been lodged by you to security or management regarding an alleged theft from your room. I would have thought that should such an incident have occurred (no matter what the monetary value) this would have been reported immediately. We consider complaints of this nature in a very serious manner and I would highly recommend you contact me directly in order to allow us to carry out a full investigation. my direct email address is: terri.jabaar@caperoyale.co.za

Point 2 - regarding the Country Wide Load Shedding that is affecting the entire country including the western cape. I can assure you that we do have a Generator which is fully operational. On the date that you stayed with us, we experience the 1st stage of the Load Shedding. On this occasion the generator did not kick in as per procedure. It took approx. 20 minutes for it to be up and running. I can assure you that we have not had a repeat of this and the generator has kicked in every time we have experienced a power out (which has been 3 times since your stay).

I can assure you that I have received wonderful feedback from hotel guests and residents who have complimented our team on how well we managed the situation's and deal with the power cuts. In such instances we have staff at each floor staircase to escort guests, we have additional torches and flashlights and we inform guests in advance now that we have the Load Shedding Schedule from the City of Cape Town. I can only apologise that all this was not communicated to you clearly in advance, but I assure you we do have the necessary procedures in place to manage such an incident in the future.

Kind Regards

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Unbelievable hotel. The people that work here are so kind. The rooms were very big and there was an awesome view of the world cup stadium. Not to far of a taxi to any where in the city and you can walk to the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Royal Guest,

Wow - what an awesome review you have given us. Thank you kindly. Special thanks for your comment regarding our staff. We truly believe that our people is the biggest most important asset of any business and we are fortunate to have a team that truly enjoys what they do and a team who are inspired daily by our wonderful guests.

Royal Regards
Terri Jabaar

Been to Cape Royale Luxury Hotel? Share your experiences!