“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cape Royale Luxury Hotel

You added Cape Royale Luxury Hotel to your Saves list
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Main Road | Green Point, Cape Town Central 8051, South Africa   |
Ranked #32 of 103 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Lagos, Nigeria
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights from June 27 to July 3, 2014. I had come to Cape Town with my son who was on school trip but was staying at another hotel with hi school mates.
I had booked for a one bedroom apartment but was checked into a two bedroom apartment right in the front of the hotel with the most awesome view of the main road and the stadium.
The apartment was beautifully finished with a beautiful wooden parquet floor. The bigger room room had a full length window that opened unto a balcony where one could stand and enjoy the fresh air, the bathroom, very elegant with a bath and a separate shower.
There was a roof top bar and swimming, quite impossible to swim due to the weather, but the bar was a fantastic place to hang out and chill in the evenings.
All in all, this is a wonderful place to stay, very comfortable, lovely location 3 minutes from the V&A waterfront, right in the centre of town.
The staff of the hotel are very friendly, and helpful and I do remember a front desk staff called Nichole who went out of the way to be helpful whenever needed.
I am looking forward to staying here again on my next trip to Cape Town with my family.

Room Tip: I am sure all the rooms at Cape Royale will be satisfactory. I just always prefer a room in the fron...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed at the Cape Royale with my two college-age kids, and they were ready to move in permanently. We were upgraded on arrival from a two-bedroom to a lovely three-bedroom/three bath apartment/suite (not to mention four tv's, which my son appreciated given that the world cup was on). We didn't think we would use the fully-equipped kitchen, but actually it came in handy, and my daughter even decided to do a load of laundry. We all used the wi-fi and had no problems with it.
For a family, this hotel is a terrific option, especially since most Cape Town hotels are unable to accommodate three people unless you take two rooms. (Another five-star hotel a few blocks away was charging three times the price and all we would get would be one room with a king bed and a roll-in.) The spa offered me a complementary mini-massage, which was wonderful, and my daughter tried the "body grooming," (in other words, waxing), and she was very happy with the results.
The hotel is just a short walk from the waterfront; we found the location excellent. We didn't eat at the restaurant -- we prefer when a hotel offers a buffet breakfast -- so I cannot comment on that. We had pre-arranged our Cape Town tours, so we did not use the travel desk. But like other reviewers, we felt that we got wonderful accommodations at a very reasonable price, and we enjoyed our stay there enormously.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

A good cost benefit for what it offers. The room we stayed was an apartment with two suites, large living room and kitchen. Well decorated place in all the details. Unfortunately when we stayed the top floor was closed and we missed the fantastic view.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this review and for your positive feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Apologies for the inconvenience with the Skybar being closed. Regrettably in winter due to the weather, we occasionally have to close this area. I do hope we will have the opportunity to show you this area in the future.

Once again many thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

visited Cape town for the first time in June 2014 with family. We stayed at the Cape Royale 2 bedroom family suite and it was an amazing experience. Very friendly staff, upon check in we were early and our room was not ready. The staff was polite and offered us refreshments, the kids were offered some gifts as well. Very Friendly staff. Special mention about the Travel desk. The staff was very helpful. We did 3 tours with the travel desk and our guide Mr Kabelo was superb. He is extremly knowledgable and shared a lot of information and history about South africa. Special Thanks to Kabelo for making our trip a memorable one. A must do is the peninsula tour, wine country and Hermanus whale watching. The hotel serves breakfast in the Bistro and its really good and the staff is very courteous and helpful. The hotel has issues with wifi and telephone lines.Overall a very nice experience and will definately return.

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this excellent review. I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you especially for your comments about our staff and service and particularly about Kabelo. He is an asset to our team and great to go on tours with :-).

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back should you return to Cape Town.

Once again thanks for your support of our Luxury Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I will only allude to the great and safe location as this has already been said in other reviews. The things that made this memorable for us were the courteous and helpful staff, the beautiful rooms, but most of all the outside veranda at the front of the hotel. Every opportunity we could get we made a beeline for a seat, morning, noon or early evening; a G & T tasted so much better in the lovely sunshine surrounded by flowers and beautiful outdoor decor.
We ate in their restaurant much more often than we intended as the food and staff were excellent. On the last evening we still had a magnum of very fine wine given to us in Franschhoek and as we could not take it home with us I decided to ask if we could use it in their restaurant and pay corkage; this was refused as they explained that under no circumstances would they charge us and instead took it off us and decanted it. Old world unforgettable charm. Be prepared to see some celebrities in the dining rooms; we saw a few.

Room Tip: Just turn up.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this superb review. It is wonderful to read your great comments about our team and beautiful hotel and I have shared this with all of our staff. Feedback like this really boosts staff morale.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back one day in the future. Until then, keep well and again sincere thanks for your support.

New Delhiu
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

They sell the hotel as a 5 star hotel - and from the facade it definitely looks impressive.

They call it an all suites hotel - each room has a bedroom, a living room cum kitchenette with cooking and washing facilities.

Thats where the joy ends:

There is a false feeling of space - they may you walk one long corridor to get to your bedroom, which if youre used to Indian 5 star hotels is tiny, and has no windows.

Have u ever heard of a 5 star hotel using unbranded TV sets - the one in the living room was something claled Sinotec - the one in the bedroom was a JVC computer monitor.

The toiletries provided are local and not great quality, no sense of luxury.

The bedroom have no doors, and the rooms are not sound proofed so the sounds from the corridor come into the room.

They gave us a cooking range but no cooking utensils and 2 spoons and a fork - no salt no pepper - are we supposed to checkin intot he hotel and then go and buy utensils.

I have a real hole on my mobile phone bills because the wifi included in the room did not work throughout the stay despite regular follow up.

They have a VOIP phone in the corridor but nothing near the bed or in the living room - and by the way the phone lines were down during my stay - so had to go down to the reception to get a message across.

If youre used to the buffet breakfast of the ITC, the Oberoi, or the Taj be prepared to come away disappointed - no buffet breakfast - order from the menu, get a few wrong orders, and scowls from the servers - must mention that one day they had a great server - all other days sucked - and I was there for 6 days.

And wherever I went in CapeTown - every hotel, every restaurant, evbery shop I got great welcome and a friendly service - here at breakfast I could see that even though I was a regular guest white families and singles who came after me got their orders well before me - on once occassiona full 15 minutes before me.

Now most of the staff were friendly - but they all offerred me some sort of deal - use my taci driver, use my foreign exchange guy - gave me the feel not of a 5 star, but a small town hotel.

There were 1 or 2 servers who were good but most of them were way below the standard a 5 star hotel needs to deliver on - just having having smiling staff doesnt mean they deliver.

There is no consistency of service - so its quite possible if Id stayed there in the hotel for 1 night I may have been delighted, but after 6 nights its a disaster.

Everything about Cape Town was absolutely brillliant, except for the hotel.

All I can say i that if youre used to a Indian 5 star stay away - the hotel is not cheap by any standards but its notwhere near 5 star, and they definitely dont make Indians feel special - Ive had much better experiences in hotels all over Europe, the UK, America and rest oif Asia, so was really really disappointed with this

Room Tip: Choose a cheaper room in an another hotel - you will get more value for youre money
Dear Valued guest,

I am very disheartened to read your review and comments and especially for the fact that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I do assure you that we do not discriminate with any of our valued guests. We have a very multi-cultural team with many of our staff from all over the globe. We also cater for a lot of international guests. I am so sorry that you really did not enjoy your stay with us, this was certainly not our intention.

Kind Regards

texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

It was a treat arriving at the Cape Royale after a very long flight from the US. We were welcomed, and taken to our room immediately. The room was great. Huge 2 bedroom, 2 bath, with full living room, kitchen and dining room. Our room even had a washer/dryer unit. We found location to be great. Centrally located and close enough to walk to the waterfront. Our breakfast was included and every morning we were greeting and asked about our previous day. It was like home. There was free internet service in the room, which was a definite plus. We found the hotel to be exactly as promised. We would stay here again.

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this Wonderful review and for choosing to stay with us while you where in Cape Town. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay from the moment you arrived.
Please be assured that I have shared your wonderful feedback with all of the team. They look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back one day in the future if you are next in Cape Town.

I hope your journey home was a pleasant one. Once again thanks for your support.

Kindest Regards from all the team at Cape Royale
Hotel Manager

Been to Cape Royale Luxury Hotel? Share your experiences!