“Cape Royale - Fit for a Prince...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cape Royale Luxury Hotel

You added Cape Royale Luxury Hotel to your Saves list
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Main Road | Green Point, Cape Town Central 8051, South Africa   |
Ranked #32 of 103 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Wilderness
“Cape Royale - Fit for a Prince...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I took my 11 year old son with me on a recent business trip to Cape Town and decided that he had earned the right to go five star all the way. The staff at Cape Royale were top notch and we had an awesome stay! Sadly though the rooftop 'Skydeck' was closed for renovations but when they heard how keen we were to see the view from up there, the duty manager personally took us for a quick peak - as the sun set and the moon rose... I would definitely recommend this hotel, the room was comfy and kitted out with all the modern conveniences such as dishwasher, washer/dryer, coffee machine, stove, microwave etc and the little Juliet balcony was great for watching the world go by...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for the stunning review. I am pleased that you and your son had a wonderful stay with us. My apologies for the inconvenience of the Sky Bar being closed, this is to carry out some essential maintenance work before season starts. I assure you it will look fresh and fabulous when it re-opens. I hope you will have the opportunity to come back and enjoy some time in this area of the hotel and share with us your feedback.

Once again, many thanks and hope you see you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Edison, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is a solid 4 star hotel in a great location near the waterfront. We chose the hotel for its location and the three bedroom suite which was great for our family of 5. The rooms are fairly large and the kitchen is convenient, though there few utensils- not even a bottle opener. The main drawback of the hotel was the service- at times it was great, at times it was very lacking. For example, when we arrived in the evening and drove up to the hotel, the valet was nowhere to be found-- the security guard told me to park in front and then when taxis wanted the spot, he told me to drive around to the garage and park in the garage- while the valet came to get us in the garage, it wasn't a great way to check in after a long flight, with bags, etc. Also, the message light on our phone was blinking- when I called the switchboard to retrieve the message, the operator had no idea how to retrieve it and though he said he would have someone call us, we were never able to retrieve the message. As noted above, there are few utensils in the kitchen- we asked for a bottle opener and they said they would send it up; it never arrived either.
The wifi is silly-- I am used to paying for wifi at luxury hotels-- the system at this hotel was very odd as once you use up the allocated gig, you must go down to the front desk to buy more- a huge inconvenience when working late at night or early in the morning.
On the plus side, the rooms were large and nicely furnished, the front desk was usualy very helpful, the travel desk was very helpful (though there was often a line to speak with them) and the Jaguar car service to drive around Cape Town was great.

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this review and for sharing your feedback. Please be advised that we are a 5 star hotel, having recently had our 5 star grading renewed on Monday 26th Augusts.
I will be honest, I am disheartened to read your comments especially about the service as this is the main area where we pride ourselves in being the very best. I will ensure that your comments are fully investigated and measures put in place to avoid a repeat.
The messages on the telephone are and should be easily cleared. The additional wifi vouchers should have been delivered to your suite. The Valet service should have been exceptional. The bottle opened should have arrived and so on. This is certainly not the norm. My apologies for these inconveniences.

I do hope that if you are in Cape Town again, you will contact me directly and I will ensure a marked improvement is noted. My email address is: terri.jabaar@caperoyale.co.za

West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are more than adequate 3/4 star.Facilities and situation are good 4 star .Staff are 5 star plus .Friendly, helpful, efficient,proactive.Nothing is too much trouble.Wonderful people made our stay both enjoyable and memorable.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you kindly for this lovely review. 5 star we are indeed and very proud off.
I do hope if you are back in Cape Town you will come and stay with us for another great stay.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Don't expect anything close to 5 star service you would receive at any other proper 5 star hotel in the world. This place is a fancy looking, poorly equipped block of apartments. The service is poor; rooms are not equipped adequately. The room was in desperate need of a refurbish; cupboards and furnishings were in need of repair. The linen, towels and bed were of a poor quality.
The noise echoes throughout the building, so don't expect any peaceful sleep. Beware of constant slamming doors and noisy housekeeping staff who decide to start cleaning rooms at 7am.
Staff are friendly but not properly trained for an apparent 5 star hotel.
My advice, if you want the royal treatment of a 5 star hotel, don't waste your money at this place.

• Stayed July 2013
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. The location is very convenient. They have a shuttle service but we walked down to the waterfront. Breakfast was good and we even got dinner once. Would not recommend the food but the location, spacious rooms and view are worth the stay. Woolworths and Pharmacy located downstairs. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. No issues overall and would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback you have sent us. It is great to know that you had such a good stay with us. I will ensure to share this with all of our team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I checked in for a second time as I was back in Cape Town and enjoyed my previous stay so much. Very happy again with everything. The hotel is lovely and the staff make u feel so welcome and important

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this wonderful review :-)
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us again and we look forward to the next time....hopefully sooner than later. Thank you for your support.

Norfolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here with my husband, son, daughter-in-law and 2 year old granddaughter for 5 nights in one of the suites.

I would agree with some of the comments that the overall offering is not the same as a European 5 star hotel might offer but we had a very enjoyable stay. The staff without exception were effective and offered good service. The guys on the door and car parking duty were very friendly and good humoured. Everyone was helpful, whatever the query.

We did suffer from the noisy nightclub on our first night. It didnt bother my husband or me but we were concerned for our granddaughter. Thomas the Manager organised a move first thing next day, with little inconvenience. A hiccup that didn't much affect our visit to be honest but worth noting.

The restaurant and bar staff were just as friendly and helpful as the others. I have seen bigger menus but the food was well cooked and presented and excellent value for money, especially given current exchange rates.

I have seen the comments about the rooms being a bit tired and not so clean. I agree that the main rooms downstairs could use a bit of work but the upper floors and the rooms we were in were fine, fully equipped and clean. We had no issues with the rooms being cleaned, tidied.

We had two rental cars that were regularly used for sightseeing and trips to relatives outside of CT. the Cape Royale is ideally placed for getting in and out of the City easily and also for the V and A area. The traffic is heavy ish at the front but not anywhere near as bad as many other major cities in our experience. The cars were parked and retrieved for us on a regular basis with no damage or security issues.

We wondered if the free voucher for www access in the room would be enough, 1 Gb, but in conjunction with the free access in the lobby, it was no problem for us over the 5 days.

All in all, a good choice for us and we will certainly use the Cape Royale next time we visit CT.

Dear Royal Guest and Family,

Thank you for your feedback and comments, especially about our friendly staff.
Please be assured I have shared your feedback with all the team.
My apologies for the issues with noise on the first night, I am glad that we were able to resolve this immediately for you all.
Please be advised that we are currently working through a preventative maintenance program and tidying all our suites which will ensure all our suites are in perfect 'good as new' condition very very soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Cape Royale Luxury Hotel? Share your experiences!