“WOW.....Is only the Beginning” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cape Royale Luxury Hotel

You added Cape Royale Luxury Hotel to your Saves list
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Main Road | Green Point, Cape Town Central 8051, South Africa   |
Ranked #32 of 103 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Brisbane, Australia
“WOW.....Is only the Beginning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Staying at the Cape Royale for the last 5 nights of our honeymoon ended up being too short a stay at the hotel.

All the staff we had contact with were so professional, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating - from Zola who greeted us on arrival, to Addy who brought our bags up to our room, Damien who checked us in and Janine & Fanie (Concierge & Guest Relations).

We were put into a single room apartment. It was outstanding with the kitchenette including a dishwasher, washing machine/dryer and full fridge/freezer if you didn't want to eat out or have room service. The bedroom had a QS bed and the bathroom was just fantastic.

Dining at the restaurant 1800 or just having a quiet beverage at the bar, the staff were amazing. Mandla (bar man) was great, walking into the bar on our 2nd day and he asked if it was going to be the USUAL (single captain morgan rum and coke). Dining at the restaurant 1800 was a great experience, the food and service was excellent. We recommend trying one of the breakfast desserts too ;)

Each day after doing our scenic adventures the 2 door men (James & Phillimon) would always ask how our day was with a very big smile and it just made us feel very welcome. Being only minutes (walking) away from the V & A precinct was a perfect location.

We are planning on returning to Cape Town next year and we will be staying at the Cape Royale again. Why look elsewhere when you get 5 star service here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Wow - what a fabulous review.
Thank you so much for this review and for the lovely comments you have given regarding our staff. Please rest assured that we have communicated all your lovely comments to our staff, who are so proud of what they do.
I am so pleased that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and I really do look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed there form 31st aug to 3rd september for 3 nights and booked the 2 bed apartment suite and it was truly amazing...just as shown in pictures it was just awesome...we were given an apartment on the 8th floor and it was fully equipped with all the kitchen amneties...for the kitchenware they give you as you require...it was huge and I could say nothing less than a 5 star..the staff was very helpful and service was their top priority..the hotel is at a very convenient location from the waterfront and the hotel provides a free shuttle... housekeeping was spot on and truly exceeded our expectations..truly one of the finest place to stay in cape town ...truly royale...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

What an awesome review you have given us. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
We do pride ourselves in offering the very best levels of service to all our guests and I am so pleased to note that you truly enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Cape Town.

Sun City, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

With so many hotel to choose from in Cape Town, it is not easy to make a choice. This statement rang true, until I had the absolute pleasure to stay at The Cape Royale. Without a doubt the finest city base hotel I have had the please to stay at. The management and staff is superb and attended to every need and some more. Every little detail is attended to and I felt like royalty throughout my entire stay. The room are stunning, not to mention the food and service, absolutely awesome. I highly recommend a visit to, in my opinion, the finest hotel in Cape Town.
To the management and staff at the Cape Royale, you can take pride in being the best! You ROCK!

Room Tip: Every room is spectacular!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Lord Johan,

Thank you SO much for this Awesome review. YOU ROCK :-)
It is comments like this that make our jobs in this industry so worthwhile. Thank you.
We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Terri Jabaar, Resident Manager
& The team at Cape Royale
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The Cape Royale is a great introduction to Cape Town. Service is important to this hotel, and everyone we encountered had a top-quality service mentality. Breakfast service was friendly and accessible. The hotel offers a free shuttle service that was very much appreciated. Our hotel suite was like a super large New York style apartment. All over, a great experience.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Lord Doug,

Thank you for this review. I am so pleased to note you had such an enjoyable stay with us.
To describe our team as providing Top Quality Service Mentality, is a huge compliment to our team - this is what we strive to be at all times - the very best.

Once again many many thanks and hopefully we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Cape Royale.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

First impressions are everything to me and what can I say, this hotel exceeded my expectations. My friends and I had 2 bedroom suite, which had washer/dryer, two bedrooms/bathrooms, kitchen, dining, living room, balcony with 24hr housekeeping service. I mean everytime i left and returned to my room, it was cleaned and there was always a little sweet treat left on my pillow. The breakfast buffet at the on-site restaurant 1800 degrees was a bit pricey when you work out the conversin from USD to Rand. Dinner was amazing, my favorite had to be the dessert which was a freshly baked Chocolate Bombe. The on-site spa was great and prices were very reasonable. I did the ritual package and it included a facial, back massage, aromatherapy hand and foot compress and a relaxing hair and scalp massage with conditioning oils. It ran me about $80 USD. Simply divine! Alot for a little! All in all, my stay was great and the location was very central to all the main attractions (i.e. V&A Waterfront restaurants).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Royal Guest,

What a fabulous review you have given us. Thank you so much for the feedback and for taking time out to post this on Trip Advisor. Your comments are warmly received and have been shared with all of our team.

I hope you journey back home to the US was a safe and pleasant one.

Resident Manager

PS: I 100% agree with you, the chocolate is my own personal favourite and without a doubt the best dessert in Cape Town.
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This was our first time in Cape Town, and the staff of Cape Royale made it a seamless, marvelous stay. 1st, they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite, which had washer/dryer, two bedrooms/bathrooms, kitchen, dining, living room, balcony, and butler on call. As we paid only $140 via Orbitz, this was an incredible deal.

The hotel room was classy, modern decor, and the hall to our room felt like a museum, with marble floors and paintings on the wall. If you plan to do work from your hotel room, note that the free WiFi is incredibly slow here, so you won't be able to do VoIP or video conferencing.

The staff treated me like royalty, and helped us with everything from getting around town in the most practical and inexpensive way, choosing the best hike trail up Table Mountain and checking visibility/weather, to lending us an adapter to charge our iPhones. They referred to me as Lady Dunaway as well, and announced our arrival with a bang of a gong (okay, if you're shy, ask them NOT to do this, as it's a head turner. Luckily, I'm a ham).

The complimentary breakfast is a lavish feast, with plenty of vegetarian options and outstanding coffee. Dinner at the restaurant, 1800, was fantastic both nights. They have limited vegetarian options, but crafted something just for me.

The location was fine for our stay... though if you want to be within walking distance from major landmarks, this may not be the right fit. There's a hop on hop off tourist bus station about 5 minutes' walk from the hotel, which made getting to Table Mountain, Kirstenboch, and wineries easy for us. They're also 5 minutes' walk from the V&A sea front.

In summary, I highly recommend Cape Royale. It allowed me to have a stress-free, seamless stay in Cape Town, and experience luxury accommodation at a comfortable price!

Room Tip: Our second floor view was of the road.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lady Dunaway,

Thank you so much for this review. I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay and that we managed to make you feel like a princess....(you really are :-) ).
This level of service is the standard we aim to achieve with all our guests - using our 'Royal Touch'.

Thank you for the constructive feedback regarding the Wifi in the suites. Please be assured I will investigate this in full in order to rectify for future.

I hope the rest of your time in South Africa has been as good a time as you spent with us. Safe Travels and have lots of fun.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a few days and we were totally impressed by just about everything this hotel had to offer. We were announced upon our arrival as "Lord and Lady", which was a bit uncomfortable but we definitely appreciated the gesture, and I'm certainly not going to stop calling her by the title given to her by the Cape Royale for a while.

They upgraded us to a deluxe apartment suite, which had two bedrooms, a common area, and a kitchen. Service was polite and attentive (almost too much at times, but not really something to complain about) in both the hotel and the restaurant (1800).

The complimentary breakfast they offer every morning is fantastic- I was expecting the run-of-the-mill continental breakfast that's usually offered, but this was in a whole different league. Very wide selection, all very tasty. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lord Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and thank you for the very postive comments you have given us. I am pleased to note yourself and your girlfriend had such an enjoyable stay with us.

Please pass on our Royale Regards to the 'Lady' in your life :-)

Resident Manaer

Been to Cape Royale Luxury Hotel? Share your experiences!