“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent location!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cape Royale Luxury Hotel

You added Cape Royale Luxury Hotel to your Saves list
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Main Road | Green Point, Cape Town Central 8051, South Africa   |
Ranked #32 of 103 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent location!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

After looking at numerous hotels in the Cape Town CBD area to spend a romantic eve with my wife we found the beautiful Cape Royale Hotel. The excellent location of this hotel was a big plus as it was within walking distance from the best restaurants, pubs and clubs so we didn't need to drive anywhere. We had a beautiful view of Green Point stadium, the Waterfront, the sea and the mountain!
We had to try the restaurant downstairs called (1800' - eighteenhundred). The name of the restaurant refers to a signature grill, imported from New York and the first of its kind in South Africa - that literally cooks steak at a temperature of 1800 degrees Fahrenheit! The food was unbelievable! We enjoyed some cocktails and danced the night away at the very trendy ZAR club as well as Casablanca which was just opposite the hotel.
Our room was extremely comfy, spacious and everyone made us feel right at home. We stayed in a beautiful 2 bedroom, with on-suite bathrooms, lounge and dining room and a fully equipped kitchenette apartment. Fresh fruit, complimentary wine and snacks waited for us upon arrival and an abundance of movies and books, waited to be explored! - If it wasn't for my wife I could have easily stayed in and send her off to the spa instead.
Staying at different hotels almost every month I can honestly say this was one of my best experiences and certainly comes highly recommended on my list.
It was above and beyond our expectations!
We will definitely go back there again soon!
JP Duminy (South African Cricketer)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
George
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

From the moment the Top-hat dressed porter welcomes you, You know that you have arrived. My last visit was over a year ago and the porter greeted me by name and even made reference to my vehicle I drove the previous year!! You don't have to wait until you get to your room to know that you are in the best hotel...

The suite was great, lots of space incl self service facility's even built-in washing machine & tumble dryer, all cleverly hidden for guest like me who don't want to see or think of it. But for the mom who needs to survive the kids little holiday spills they are great. (You feel like you are in your own spacious apartment rather than feeling like a small hotel room).
Each room has it's own WiFi router (Free with no signup of vouchers, just free internet)

The location will favor all as the hotel is located very close to all the famous Cape Town attractions.

I will stay nowhere else ever again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Reserved a two bedroom suite / condo after reading about the hotel in a travel magazine and being impressed with the tripadvisor reviews, and looking over the website photos. Got a fantastic rate online, and exchanged numerous emails with the concierge setting up day trips, grocery stocking, airport transfers, etc., and all was easy to arrange. The photos of the suite on the website were spot-on; exactly what we got - very spacious and luxurious. What I didn't expect was how stunning the public areas would be, or how stellar the service would be; I was expecting a gorgeous condo with limited services and a small lobby, but this is really five star all the way. Would certainly return!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I took my team on a teambuilding experaince at the Cape Royale Hotel

We all had a truly lovely evening from the moment we arrived at the hotel we were welcomed with smiles and smart service followed by a lovely sundowner at the Sky bar.

Dinner was marvelous and really taste, compliments to the chef!

We even had little extra special gifts in our rooms as a dedication to the last episode of Oprah was being airedl! Not too mention a bag of treats :)

In all as you can see from my above comments we all had a truly lovely time and shared the same comments that is “What a great hotel we are selling to our clients” I strongly believe a hotel can only be that good; it’s the staff that makes it stand apart from the rest.

And well all in all a SUPER stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Had a great experience at the Cape Royale hotel when we stayed there over a weekend. The well groomed staff were very friendly and efficient at check in! Our suite was a refreshing change from the normal standard hotel rooms we usually stay in and it felt like being at home. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant on the friday evening and the staff were extremely hospitable an attentive without bothering us unnecessarily. Food was tasty and decent sized portions at very reasonable prices! The Hotel is also perfectly located for a walk after dinner to have a drink at the many inviting bars. Throughout the weekend all the staff we encountered were always greeting us and smiling! Is this a Cape Town thing or have they been trained???Either way we felt very comfortable all the time. Would love to come back in the summer as we did not get to use the pool on the roof which also had a funky bar with amazing views.

Room Tip: Front rooms of the buillding have great views over the harbour and the new stadium which lies next t...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
TerriMallett, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

May I take this opportunity to thank you kindly for the positive feedback you have given us on Trip Advisor. Please be assured that I will communicate your comments to all our staff who, we take great pride in developing and training to assist us in meeting the expectations of all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cape Royale in the not too distant future. Preferrably for you in the summer months where we can avail of the opportunity to entertain you at the Sky Bar.

Rooms Division Manager
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have traveled extensively, and I have stayed in some very beautiful hotels around the world. My company keeps me on my toes 24/7, it is certainly a very rewarding job, but very stressful to say the least.
Last Saturday, my wife and I had the privilege of staying over at the Cape Royale Luxury Hotel. Honestly, just simply a tremendous experience. It was the break that I needed. The two bedroom suite that we had, was just outstanding, I loved the decor and furnishing, minimalistic but spot on. The staff were terrific, management were exceptional, Boris, Terri just couldn't do enough, the entire stay was just simply put, "a beautiful 5 star experience".
Thank you to one and all who contributed to our fantastic experience at your superbly located establishment...

We will be back... Mr & Mrs Paulo Camara

Room Tip: stadium facing... two bedroom suite. its beautiful and very spacious and very very clean...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr & Mrs Camara,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor. Your positive comments are warmly recieved. Please be assured that I will communicate this to all our staff.

We very much look forward to you returning to stay with us at Cape Royale in the not too distant future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We were in Cape Royale for 5N6D...Exceptionally comfortable hotel with an A++ staff. The apartments are luxuriously comfortable. Hotel in very well located with the free shuttle being of a great help!
The staff right from Janine, to Madnee , Claymond and Richard were very warm and helpful!
A must stay.

Room Tip: the two bedroom apartment # 602 was great
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note an overall enjoyable stay at Cape Royale :-)
Thank you for the special mention relating to our staff, mainly: Janine, Madnee, Clement and Richard. Please be assured that I will communicate these comments to all.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Cape Royale Luxury Hotel? Share your experiences!