“Cheers and Smiles!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glen Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added Glen Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Glen Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   3 The Glen Road | Sea Point, Cape Town Central 8005, South Africa   |
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Chicago, Illinois
“Cheers and Smiles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My (recent) husband and I stayed at the Glen in June of 2013 when we came to S. Africa to get married. We cannot rave enough about the style, comfort and hospitality all around of the Glen Boutique! We felt welcome immediately upon arrival and loved it so much that we took a week to do the Garden Route and came back to stay a few more nights at the Glen before leaving S. Africa. Philip was wonderful helping us with our car rental and booking us an amazing safari tour. Dillon and Arnold are two of the best bartenders we encountered in Cape Town, cheers to you both!!! Ruon and Rion (sorry about the spelling!) were also so friendly and helpful with anything and everything we needed. We will be singing the praises of the Glen for a long time! Perfect Stay! Thanks for everything! Lisa & Danilo

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Amarillo, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Overall wonderful experience here; the facilities are impressive and generally clean (though I had a couple of housekeeping hiccups). I stayed in the Penthouse--got a great rate and decided to treat myself--and it's incredible. It's very well equipped and has great views of the mountains and ocean (though there are some buildings between Glen and the ocean). Breakfast was excellent and service very friendly and attentive.
Would I stay again? Yes! Although there are tons of great choices in Cape Town, and I would always shop around for a great deal

Room Tip: The Penthouse if you can avoid it, or any other suite type room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Although in the past I went to the hotel for drinks & pool parties, this is the first time I actually spent a few days there;

After passing the elegant lobby towards the terrace I just had the "wow" element! The swimming-pools were just amazing, complemented by an open jacuzzi and a stylish bar.

All rooms are big with plenty of space; I was impressed by the size of the penthouse as well as by the modern decoration, completed with a touch of Africa.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I spend 10 nights at The Glen hotel during the winter time, rainy days can only be forgotten if you stay in a beautiful spacious stylish room, the staff members are the best I ever mate, generous breakfast that you can not get tired of it, specially in my case staying for 10 days. Cant' wait to come back again in the summer to enjoy the swimming pools and have lunch on the terraces. I highly recommend The Glen Boutique hotel!

Room Tip: if your budget allowed book the penthouse
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This has now been my third stay in the Glen, and this is definitely "my" hotel in Cape Town! It's (in my opinion) ideally located in Seapoint, so you are near to the city centre and to the beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay as well. The service in the Glen is superb, the employees are always friendly and helpful with every question, and you enjoy modern and comfortable rooms. For a gay (but not restricted to) traveller the Glen is really a top destination and you always feel welcome like coming home. Actually, I cant wait for my next trip to C.T. and another stay in the Glen.
Dirk

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I did not stay over, but I did go for a drink. I stayed longer than expected because the staff were so friendly and I spoke to guys staying over. Grear vibe. Definitely staying there next time I'm im Cape Town.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

What a stunning hotel,the rooms are beautifully decorated and modern,fantastic attention to detail, the staff are so friendly and helpful. This hotel is excellent value for money. We will most definitely be coming back in the near future, this time for a longer stay!!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Glen Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!