“I love Meat, I could live here” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: The original Hussar Grill in Rondebosch first opened it's doors in 1964 and with nearly 50 years of service excellence The Hussar Grill Group has become one of South Africa's premier Grill Rooms. We serve only the fines AAA grade South African beef and game. We do not ever charge corkage and our guests are most welcome to bring their own wine.We look forward to welcoming you to The Hussar Grill.
Bäckebron, Värmlands Län, Sweden
“I love Meat, I could live here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Best steak ever, most attentive waiter. good wine. And value for money for sure.
None of the 4 of us was unhappy with anything here.

• Visited July 2013

86% Recommend
  • Greek first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best Beef Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Great food and with good value. I took the 3 course meal, the food was great from starter, the ribs and even the dessert is good. Nice decorated environment and the staff are attentive and friendly

Franschhoek, South Africa
“A firm Family favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This has become our regular Sunday evening family treat place. Always great service and great food. the staff are friendly and make one feel very welcome. Of course by now they know exactly what we will order, Our son is an extremely fussy eater. This restaurant is his all time favourite. Great value, great atmosphere, great service. Cant go wrong.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Foz do Iguacu, PR
“It's been ~12 months since my last visit and still EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I can honestly say that eating at the Hussar Grill Greenpoint has been my finest dining experience in South Africa. Having eaten for lunch previously and more recently dinner, I have been been totally impressed both visits.

Firstly, I have always received a warm and friendly welcome from the staff. Having been seated at a table of my choice (options were offered), I was swiftly introduced to my waiter for the evening.

The restaurant was perhaps 40% full on this early Sunday evening with various sized groups, it was a nice atmosphere and I was not overwhelmed with noisy conversations from other diners.

The restaurant is traditionally set out, with screening between restaurant parts. Dark wood, wine bottles and great photographs set the mood.

I have only eaten meat at the restaurant but the fish menu looked just as good. This time, I chose a small starter to be followed by their 200g "fillet steak carpetbagger", accompanied by a nice blended wine.

Service / Delivery was impeccable and the food presentation was excellent, and the aroma and taste even better!

This restaurant provides both high quality standard food and innovative specialities which are well worth experimenting with. You will generally receive a sauce with your meal (as described) but can ask to have them plain (but what's the point in that!).

If you are in Greenpoint, want to have an excellent dining experience whether for business / romance or good friends then I recommend the Hussar Grill.

• Visited June 2013
“Best ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

2 dishes on 2 different evenings. Same good quality food and service. One cannot go wrong. I can recomend this to anyone.

• Visited June 2013