“You can stop searching, this is it!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel

You added Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 Francolin Road | Cape Town, Camps Bay 8005, South Africa   |
Special Price
50% off May 1st-Sept 15th
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Camps Bay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
California
“You can stop searching, this is it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Let me first say, don’t search anywhere else, unless you want to waste time or stay in a place that feels like a big commercial hotel with no privacy or intimacy. If you want to feel as though you're 'home" away from home, THIS IS IT!!!

This was my first trip to South Africa and I was really meticulous about where I wanted to stay visiting South Africa for the first time. I am SOOOOO glad I did my homework and checked all boutiques, B&B's and yes, commercial type hotels. I read all the reviews and knew from the guests that stayed at Atlanticview that this was a special place for those who want to enjoy a very romantic and exquisite vacation. This hotel is just beautiful!!! The VIEWS, the VIEWS, the VIEWS!!!
I can’t tell you enough about how wonderful this little gem in SA really takes your breath away. Everything you see in the photos is just like that - no hidden flaws! The decks, rooms, bathrooms, beds, kitchen counters, pools, and yes the sundowners are all just like you see in the photos, but better!!! I arrived late in the evening and upon entering my room, it smelled so nice and the carpet is so clean, I did not even want to walk on the carpet with my shoes!!! Just like when I'm home!

Greg is the BEST owner/agent/advisor that I've ever had an experience with while planning a trip. I really like the fact that he cares enough to call you personally and make all your arrangements ensuring you arrive safely while providing excellent tips for enjoying your stay. I couldn’t have made this trip what it was without his assistance.

I fell in love with his staff of professionals, but yet down to earth and very pleasant. Derek gives the best and I mean the best massage. Fabulous!! We had a wonderful time with Mansur on our private tour; he's the best and very knowledgeable. Wendy is a great person and we really enjoyed spending time with her while she drove us around town. Jaryd was exceptional - picking us up at the airport. Our flight landed early and he was already there! That's what I call private service!!!

By the time we left SA, I felt like royalty. Of course, I contribute this all to staying here at Atlanticview, but don’t take my word for it, (even though I am the hardest person to please ;-), try it for yourself. You will not regret it, unless of course you stay somewhere else!!!

A very satisfied "spoiled princess"!

Angela

Room Tip: All rooms are great! My personal favorite was the "sunset room". It was central with the p...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
WellTraveledandDined, Owner at Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Spoiled Princess Angela!

You were a delight to book in and I enjoyed every minute chatting with you. I never thought once that you were difficult to please. I do pick up the phone occasionally however I was ripped apart in this forum for doing so by some woman who actually told me to phone her. Lack of medication I suspect. I will respond to her appropriately. Most guests are happy to discuss their holidays. Some are taken back by surprise as there are only a few that would offer this type of personal service which as I said I enjoy.

I am so happy you both enjoyed your week with us in the Sunset Suite. The view is fabulous and
my team do try very hard to please. I am so lucky to have the team I do on place. I hope my restaurant tips did not add too many inches to the waste line however I know from personal experience how enjoyable they are. Such good value too. As an American and a tourist to some degree myself there I have tried to create the perfect environment for our guests so they feel safe, comfortable and happy. You have made us smile after reading your review Angela.
Thank you for this and again for staying. I and the team hope you can visit us again someday soon.

Greg and the Atlanticview Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at Atlantic View for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon (which wasn't long enough as the place was absolutely fabulous.)

The staff were so welcoming and made us feel right at home. The location is amazing, the rooms are so beautiful & the breakfast is to die for. The pictures do not do this place justice....the view is just incredible. I could have sat on that sunlounger for the rest of my life.

We met some fantastic people in this place & the holiday would not have been the same without meeting them. Canapes & sundowners are served in the evening and it's such a lovely time to chat with other guests and have a laugh. We even ended up dining with one another several of the nights which was so lovely.

Thank you Greg and the rest of the team for making our honeymoon so memorable. We can't wait to come back and visit!
Caireann & Paul

Room Tip: We stayed in the sunset room - it's beautiful!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WellTraveledandDined, Manager at Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello Caireann and Paul,

Congratulations again to you both on your recent marriage. Thank you so much for spending this special holiday/honeymoon with us at Atlanticview. Romance is so special and to have played a part in your romantic interlude at the southern tip of Africa was our pleasure.

We all wish you both a long healthy and happy life together. Please come back and visit us again!

Best wishes from Greg, Rainer and the Atlanticview Team!
Larne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here with another couple for 4 nights in February 2013. We absolutely loved it. We had Room 1 which was very spacious and extremely well equipped. The welcome pack had a small selection of memorable gifts, the bathroom was very modern and had both a bath and a shower.
Breakfast was served on our private patio area. Sitting in the warm sun, eating a delicious breakfast of juice, fresh fruits, yogurt, cheese, breads and coffee while watching the ships passing was a surreal experience, epecially compared to the cold, damp weather at home.
The pool snacks were tasty, beautifully presented and reasonably priced. The wine and hors d'oeuvres served in the early evening wre excellent. The imaginative delicacies were mouth-wateringly good and the wine served amply represented the quality of South African wines. The staff were quite happy to top-up your glass whenever necessary. This social time was a great opportunity to share experiences with other guests while sipping delicious wine and enjoying the view of the setting sun.
Perhaps the biggest asset which Atlanticview possesses is the staff. All staff with whom we had any contact went out of their way to be as helpful as possible. We were especially impressed with the commitment and enthusiasm of Wesley, Mansoor, Jaryd and Wendy - with staff like these a stay here will always be memorable.

Hi Sandy!

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us recently. I am happy you liked the selection of wines I choose as well as our yummy canapés and hors-d'oeuvres. Sunset festivities are fun every evening. Thank you for your compliment on my team we have in place. They are a young group of hotel professionals who love what they do. When guests are fun like yourselves they shine and enjoy serving you more. Thank you for this. Please do come back en celebrate the sunsets with is again. You are always welcome!

Warm regards and safe travels,

Greg ad the Atlanticview Team!
Holyport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have never left a review on trip advisor before but I honestly feel that Atlantic View deserves the very highest praise. Stephen and I spent 11 wonderful nights there in February and although we have been back almost two weeks all I want to do is book to go again next year. The rooms are stunning and if the sky is blue the view you see on the website is exactly how it looks. However if the clouds decide to hang over table mountain the view is just as spectaclular. Wesley, Jarryd, Wendy, Siophan, Mansur, Jake, Patience and all the staff were absolute stars and are a real asset to the hotel. 7pm at Atlantic View is a great time of day - good wines are served with delicious canapes. Whilst we were there we met some fabulous people from all around the world, all different ages from honeymooners to slightly older (like us!) but such good company. This is a perfect way to start an evening and then move on to one of the many excellent restaurants in Camps Bay,Cape Town and the surrouding area. We love good food and wine and the team recommended each night somewhere different and booked us in with brilliant tables. The value for money at the local restaurants is incredible compared to London. I felt from the first email I ever received from Greg when I made the initial equiry that this would be the place for our holiday and it was true. Throughout the booking process you made us feel so welcome Greg - thank you. If anyone is reading this now and about to leave for Atlantic View - you are very lucky and I am sure you will have a wonderful time. Sue & Stephen

Hi Sue!

Thank you so much for your lovely review and for your repeat reservation for next year in February. We have your suite booked for your two week visit.

It is always a pleasure to deal with and serve nice guests. I enjoyed with my team helping to make your holiday special. Thank you for staying with us again and look forward to seeing you both next Feb!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Camps Bay is beautiful...Atlantiew Boutique Hotel is amazing! You receive 5 star service in every way.It is our second time at Atlanticview and we felt like we were coming home. Greg makes booking here a pleasure and even remembered we had come last year for a 5 night stay! That is customer service! We love the service, the people, Dale,Justine,Mansur, Wesley, Wendy,Jarryd and Nico. Equally important were all the other people behind the scenes who made our rooms looked beautiful each day and served us breakfast. I had laundry done one day and came home to what I thought was a present on the bed, my laundry tied in paper with a bow. That is a gift!
We arrived at the perfect time of year, gorgeous February weather, full moon , which added a whole other beauty from the hotel.We love cocktail hour where we have met fabulous people from all over the world and were a little disappointed when we had to miss it.
We choose not to rent a car and there is no need to, they will drive you anywhere, pick you up and make you feel like it is always their pleasure to do so.
We are already talking about when we could come back again.When you come to Cape Town this is where you want to stay, great restaurants all close by...a safe ride so you can have that extra glass of wine!
The hotel with its stunning views, comfortable pool chairs, beautiful rooms makes for a perfect holiday.
Thank you Greg, Rainier and all the Atlanticview team for helping us fall in love with Cape Town...we'll be back!!
Laurie & Jeff

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Laurie and Jeff,

So glad you enjoyed your second visit with us all the way from Toronto!
It was a pleasure to speak with you and book you back in with us "at home".
That was so sweet of you to say. I am happy to know we delivered and you had
such an enjoyable holiday.

Take good care and hope to see you one day again soon!

Greg and The Atlanticview Team
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our experience at the AtlanticView was nothing but fantastic memories. The property features a beautiful sunset over the Atlantic Ocean with the side view of the Table Mountain. There was a full moon during our stay. The view of the moon light reflecting over both the ocean and the mountain was both stunning and magical. The hotel & its rooms were beautifully and tastefully designed for comfort. The layout of the hotel employs the multi-level terraced outdoor which serves to isolate individual areas thus provides more privacy to its tenants. The staffs were delightful and extremely helpful in catering to everyone’s need. The hotel attracts interesting guests from various part of the world. The sunset gathering with fine wines and delicious canapés was a great way to have the guests in this small boutique to get to know each other. We plan to return to the hotel next year inviting perhaps more friends to come along.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Thomas,

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your visit to Atlanticview.
We are delighted to learn we have made 4 New Yorkers happy! It was our pleasue to have you join us and hopefully we will see all of you again very soon.

Greg and The Atlanticview Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and i had a wonderful stay at the hotel. Our room was perfect and was kept clean and tidy every time we came back from our day tour and/or dinner by the most awesome staff. Loved the evening wine session with the other hotel guests and because of this session, we've known many wonderful people around the world. The Hors d'oeuvre were tasty too. Morning breakfast was good however it will be better if the menu is different once in awhile. We had the same breakfast for 8 days and would prefer if there are changes of food menu for some of the days.

Our room had an awesome view of the atlantic seaboard and table mountain.
Everyone was really helpful and will remember your needs & preference. This shows excellent teamwork between one another. We would like to thank the hardworking & committed Atlanticview's hotel staff for their excellent service beyond expectations(too many names to list down). On our last day, they gave us surprise in our room & that made us not want to leave Cape Town. Thank you Atlanticview Cape Town for the memorable honeymoon!!

Love <3,
The Harley Biker couple ;)
Singapore

• Stayed February 2013
Hello Armizat!

Thank you so much for your lovely review and for spending your honeymoon with us.
It was my pleasure to deal with your reservation and my teams pleasure to serve you during this important visit. You are both very sweet and we all wish you much happiness for the future.

Please come back again some day to visit us again. You are always very welcome!

Be careful on those Harley's!

Best Wishes,

Greg and the Atlanticview Team

Been to Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!