On a suggestion from a Camps Bay friend we booked for a 2 night stay whilst attending a wedding. On arrival we were lead to a spacious room overlooking The Fairways with a view of the Bay,we were presented with a bottle of wine on arrival which was nice but that is where the service or courtesy ended. The first thing that we noticed was that there were no toiletries that you would normally expect in an upmarket B&B, luckily we had brought shampoo but had to ask for a bar of soap. There were no drinking glasses in the room save a filthy `toothpaste holder` glass in the bathroom which we insisted be replaced. There were also no tea/coffee facilities and the advertised `24/7 cappachino machine` was nowhere to be found.The satellite TV in our room was not working and upon enquiring if it would be fixed we were told that `nothing could be done until Monday` (after we had left).Although pleasant the room was looking a little worse for wear with wires hanging down from the TV and a very dirty iced up fridge. Upon rising the next day i went down to the kitchen at 6.45am (breakfast was advertised at 7am) to make tea for my wife and I to be met by what can only be described as the filthiest kitchen i have ever seen in years of travelling ! Dirty dishes and pots piled up in the sinks, dirty plates cups,glasses and wine bottles on all the tables, overflowing and stinking rubbish bins and not a staff member in sight. My wife called the manager who said that `the cleaning staff went off at 4pm, that it wasnt his fault and blamed the mess on a group of models who were staying there`.We refused to eat breakfast there.On the day of departure we went to the kitchen to make tea and although the place was clean the staff member there couldnt find the tea or sugar and the milk in the fridge was sour and curdled. We then packed and left without breakfast.I understand that this establishment used to have a good name, however it is clear that standards have dropped considerably and we would advise travellers to avoid it until they get their service right.
- Also Known As:
- Al Villa Romantica La Spiaggia Hotel Camps Bay
- Al Villa Romantica La Spiaggia Hotel
- Al Villa Romantica La Spiaggia Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Al Villa Romantica is situated in trendy Camps Bay.Villa Romantica has the most spectacular views of Camps Bay. We have 16 rooms with jacuzzi baths on suite. Breakfast is served everyday with a good spread of fresh fruit. We have a steam room, billiard room and a heated pool at your disposal. All rooms have sea views. Camps Bay is the only place to stay as it is close to the Waterfront and town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Al Villa Romantica La Spiaggia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.