I stumbled across Whale Cottage by accident as called another B&B who were full, and asked if they knew anyone else in the area...They recommended Whale Cottage...
I spoke with Chris very early in the morning and she had an available roon so I headed right in..and was able to access the room at 10am..The manager Charmeine was very nice and helpful...and Diane the doer of all things was a delight and very sweet....
The roon was great..had big french doors leading out to a terrace and a view of the entire bay..I enjoyed sitting outside reading whilst watching the sun go down...The pool and loungers were great during the heatwave last week....!
Breakfast was great...cold cereals, toast and eggs and bacon too if required...eaten outside on the terrace..
The location is very good, as close enough to Camps Bay promenade without being on top of it....altho during said heatwave I did have a problem walking back up the hill.....!!!!
The beach in Camps is superb with chairs and umbrellas to rent..there are plenty of restuarants to suit every taste..
In all I would class this place as AAA..great people, great location, great accomodation..
- Also Known As:
- Whale Cottage Camps Bay Hotel Camps Bay
- Whale Cottage Camps Bay Hotel
- Whale Cottage Camps Bay Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whale Cottage Camps Bay is a Beach Villa with magnificent views over the Atlantic Ocean, and is just 500 meters fromCamps Bay beach and 25 restaurants, including the well-known Blues, in Camps Bay. Whale Cottage Camps Bay offers a panoramic view over the Atlantic Ocean, with most of its rooms being seafacing. The occasional whales and dolphins can also be observed from the terrace. The dramatic Twelve Apostles and Lion’s Headcan also be seen from the guest house. Whale Cottage Camps Bay has a sparkling pool, and offers secure parking on the property. It is safe to walk to the beachfront and restaurants by day and night. All rooms have a bath/shower en suite, flatscreen television, airconditioning, hairdryers, heated towel rails, electric blankets, tea/coffee tray and a CD player. ... more less