In January 2013 my husband and I came to get acquainted with Africa: we travelled to tourist sites in the neighbourhood of Cape Town 8 days and then lay on the beaches of Zanzibar in Tanzania 11 days.
We chose a resort town Camps Bay to stay in South Africa which is 7 km away from the centre of Cape Town. It was a surprising combination of fascinating mountains, wide snow-white beaches, Atlantic Ocean and magnificent travellers’ service. Main road named Victoria road stretched along Camps Bay in parallel with the ocean. One direction of this road led to Cape Town, another - to the National parks and travelling spots on the coast of the two oceans and ended up at the Cape of Good Hope.
We found a variety of qualitative restaurants and bars along the Victoria road and opposite the beaches. Every single evening was a fun. There were many people, smiles and a lot of loud music.
Anticipating the trip and reading the reviews had made us pre-book a small boutique- hotel Primi Royal located just above the Victoria road.
I should tell about advantages of this hotel.
It was really quiet there!
In the evenings there was a choice. You could have lonely dinner with delicious food from the nearest supermarket «Pick and Pay» on the room balcony enjoying the mountains and the ocean. Or we could sit in pleasant restaurant, dance and have fun followed by walking along the beach. And believe me, evening walks on Camps Bay were safe!
Comfort, cosiness, cleanliness.
Booked beforehand the room was better than we had expected it to be:
• Angular spacious with a large balcony on two sides. On the one - ocean view, on the other - stunning view on the mountain called Lion's Head
• The room was divided into several zones: one queen-size bed with a canopy on the podium; other zone had the sofa, armchairs, TV, coffee table; kitchen area - desk with numerous shelves and cupboards, electric kettle, all set for tea and coffee, refrigerator, then - comfortable large wardrobe and a place for suitcases. Each area had its separate electric light
• The floor was carpeted all over the room.
• Souvenirs, statuettes, vases, paintings on the walls - all reminded us that we were in Africa.
• I should definitely highlight the bathroom! Our room was situated on the third floor - the upper floor in the hotel which by the way had an elevator. The ceiling in the bathroom had a window. The sun rays were so bright that it seemed electric light was on. The bathroom had a full set of sanitary equipment: sinks, w.c. pan, bidet, a large shower area and a large angular bathtub.
Breakfast was traditionally European. After the meal time the area where it was usually served was transformed into a relax space. Everything was organized for guests: tables, sofas and armchairs, bar where we could try cocktails or a delicious Cherry Spirit.
Our hotel had its own swimming pool and a solarium zone.
There was free Internet available.
There were organized enough parking places for all the guests.
Ideal starting point for trips.
We rented a car for a few days and managed to visit most popular travelling areas:
• Table Mountain National Park
• Cape of Good Hope
• Simon’s Town was visited twice because of fascinating local penguins!
• Two days were devoted to Cape Town sightseeing
• During the first trip we visited the oldest winery Groot Constantia and botanical garden area on gentle mountain slopes called Kirstenbosch Gardens
• More than one time we stopped to admire the views from the Chapman’s Peak Drive
• Many times we just strolled along Camps Bay, admired the mountain chain of Twelve Apostles located opposite the Atlantic Ocean beach
Tired of left-side driving along mountain roads and impressions we were eager to return to our temporary cosy nest!
We are expressing our special thanks to the hotel staff for their hospitality; imperceptible maintenance of cleanliness and comfort; and of course for endless aspiration to assist the guests in every puzzling situation.
Choose a room with a corner balcony. To have an outdoor pool in room not necessarily better to have...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Wow! I'm totally amazed at your very helpful and detailed review of your trip to Africa and Cape Town. I think you have a career in Travel blogging!!
Thank you for your very kind words about our hotel and staff. I have to say it was our absolute pleasure having you because you were always upbeat and happily excited about everything.
The perfect guest! Please do come again because there is lots more to see and experience!!
THE PRIMI ROYAL TEAM ;-)
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.