We just ended three amazing weeks of our honeymoon in South Africa, and the end of it was ruined by the AWFUL experience we had in our stay in Primi Royal hotel! At first we thought it was a nice place to stay, which turned out to be a big mistake as my husband's cell phone - a Samsung Galaxy S4 -was stolen from our locked(!) suitcase in our locked (!) room!!
We left the room that morning after we made sure that we locked the phone in the suitcase and when we came back to the room the suitcase was closed but the phone was gone!!! Somebody opened our suitcase and stole it !!! after the manager of the hotel came in to talk with us, she made it very clear to us that "this is "only" the forth theft case we had in 16 years�� and that "the only person that enters your room is the cleaning lady", and that she has no proof that our phone was even there! So she hopes we have insurance.. She also instructed us exactly what to tell the police so that the cleaning lady wouldn't be taken to jail... in other words- it was obvious that the manager of the hotel, and the owner who instructed her, did not care at all about the hard feelings of their guests, did not take any responsibility for what happened in their hotel and the only thing that worried them was that the good name of the hotel will not be stained!! We were very disappointed about the way things were handled, about the fact that the owner did not think that we should get any kind of compensation, and for not being updated about what was going on even after the police's visit to the hotel!! To conclude - we did not expect to get our phone back, however we hoped that the hotel will mind that something like this happened to guests in their hotel, something so unusual should be treated more seriously and the hotel should do something to make us feel better in a situation like this! Take our advise - don't stay in this hotel if you care for your belongings!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're a small 10 bedroom Boutique Hotel just 100m up from the Beach, Restaurants, Bars & Miami-Beach Style Nightlife! We strive to give good service & make your stay as pleasurable as possible. We arrange Half-Day & Full-Day Tours of all types: Best-of-the-Cape, The Peninsula - Cape of Good Hope & Cape Point, Wine,Cheese & Olive Tasting at our very best Vineyards in the famous Cape Winelands, Museums, Table Mountain, Day Trips to Cape Safari Game Farms, Whale Watching, Shark Cage Diving, Helicopter Trips, Tandem Paragliding & other Extreme Sports...and the list just goes on! If you're looking for a home-away-from-home experience then look no further! We have no airs & graces & no-one stands on ceremony. Just pure friendliness! All of our rooms overlook the magnificent Atlantic Ocean with a backdrop of Table Mountain. So do join us! Come EAT ~ SLEEP ~ PLAY ~ where "WORK IS LOVE MADE VISIBLE"! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Primi-Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primi-Royal Hotel Camps Bay
- Primi Royal Cape Town
- Primi-Royal Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa