We decided to stay for our honeymoon at this supposed 5 star hotel and found the hotel was
so far from town and camps bay we couldnt believe it. Its not in camps bay at all or Capetown. Its closer to Hout Bay and in a town or suburb called Oudekral. Its 15km from the city and 5km along the coast from Camps Bay beach where the closest restaurants are. To drive after dinner down the dark lonely isolated windy coastal rd late at night is dangerous and simply too far. Not a good idea at all. This makes guests want to stay at the hotel and dine in (which we tried and didnt like) or take taxis which is another bone of contention. The food is okay, nothing special. The staff do not know their own menu and for 5 stars at the price of their rooms they serve you bottled orange juice at breakfast. Even the 4 star guest house we stayed in afterward in Franschoek served freshly squeezed juice. The spa has fake rocks and decor that are all peeling and cracking. The room was tired and there were actually holes in the linen on the bed!! There is a very busy highway between the hotel and the ocean which trucks utilize between hout bay and the city all day and evening. We dont know how this hotel is listed in Camps Bay or Cape Town when it is clearly in Hout Bay. We were so looking forward to staying there as the pictures were so inviting. They must be old pictures and some definitely tampered with to give you the impression it is on the beach. There isnt any beach. If you like isolation and bad food at a big ticket price then this could be for you. For us it was a very expensive disappointment and not at all what we expected. I dont know how they have all these rave reviews cause all the other guests we met were also under the same opinion. It didnt spoil our honeymoon as we wouldnt let it. The desk staff tried to be helpful as we aired our concerns on departure. They said a manager would contact us but its been a few weeks since we were there an heard nothing so far. We dont want anything from the hotel except perhaps a nice email from the manager saying they will look at some of the issues we had pointed out. We never heard a peep from anyone there. We would not recommend this hotel to any one we know and most certainly will not go back. We were impressed with Cape Town itself and the level of service everywhere else so will go back some day to visit but not to the 12 Apostles hotel.
- Also Known As:
- The 12 Apostles Hotel And Spa
- The Twelve Apostles Hotel Camps Bay
- The Twelve Apostles Hotel
- Twelve Apostles Hotel
- The Twelve Apostles Hotel And Spa Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the staggering 12 Apostles Mountain Range and the Atlantic Ocean, the uniquely located and luxurious Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa offers the ultimate escape to relax and be pampered, while indulging in stunning beauty, discreet service and extraordinary charm. Within 10 minutes of the best beaches and 15 minutes from the waterfront. A proud member of The Leading Small Hotels of the World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Tingo, HotelsClick, Otel, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia and Venere so you can book your The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.