Camps Bay Retreat is located really close to Camps Bay, Clifton and about 15 minutes from the centre of Cape Town. It is a stunning place to stay with gorgeous views in a great setting. My cousin and I booked 4 nights here during the end of September to take advantage of a fantastic deal they had on rates. It does have a feel of a private manor with all the original wood work kept in the main building. We stayed in one of the deck houses with lovely views of the beach, this is outside the main building however it really felt like a hidden retreat with beautiful surrounding gardens and views. Our deck house felt like a very grand tree house! We had complimentary water, lemonade and fresh short bread on arrival and then every night, also on our evening returns each night we were greeted with some lovely surprises including hot water bottles and home made fudge. The free internet is a great plus and is available 24 hours to help with planning for trips whilst away.
The room was spacious and very comfortable, and had a small veranda with a view of the ocean. This retreat would be perfect for honeymooners or couples as there is a romantic feel to the lay out of rooms and the views at night. Meals are served on the terrace, a great menu with hot and cold choices. The lively buzz of the Camps Bay restaurants and bars are very close and a free shuttle is offered to go to the sister restaurant the Bay Hotel for dinner or for the well priced sauna treatments also in the sister hotel.
As well as the stunning retreat itself, the hotel staff more then complimented this. They went out of their way on numerous occasions (Erdil, Chanel and Siobhan in particular) to help us in booking our safaris by researching on our behalf during the day, booking tours for us and making suggestions for places to eat. They could not have done any more and even packed breakfast for us for our 6am departure on the final day.
This is a beautiful place to stay and shows a different side to Cape Town – would definitely come again and will share these warm words with others
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camps Bay Retreat 5 Star Boutique Hotel is a sanctuary for the soul, set on four acres of lush green nature reserve. With a mountain meditation pool, thickets of trees, waterfalls and streams, it is a peaceful paradise, where meditative moments are waiting to be had. Views stretch across the ever-changing Atlantic Ocean and along the peaks of the Twelve Apostles Mountain Range, from the Deck House and The Villa. The estate has features such as four pools, a tennis court, a spa and a fine dining restaurant. Dine in the old world splendour of the original manor house, where The Retreat Kitchen's executive chef creates a daily menu of gourmet fare, combining a symphony of fresh ingredients from local markets. Food is paired exquisitely with celebrated wines from the region, best experienced as part of a candlelit three course affair! Spoil yourself with a choice of massages, treatments and facials at the spa. Spend the day luxuriating in the spa, relaxing in the sauna and being revitalized with a deep tissue massage. A refuge for the body and a haven for the mind, you'll unravel and surrender to the tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Camps Bay Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camps Bay Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Hotel Camps Bay
- Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Camps Bay Retreat Cape Town, South Africa