We stayed 7 nights as part of a surprise 50th birthday trip to South Africa for my wife. We were lucky to spend our stay in room 1 in the Manor House. It is a simply stunning room & due to the enormous size you have views from 3 sides of the property. It is decorated & furnished to the highest standard whilst keeping an old world charm. This can be said for the entire property with a fantastic lobby & lounge/library that you can quite easily spend your evenings in front of an open fire whilst enjoying a glass or 2 of wine from their fantastic wine cellar. I'm certain it would make a fantastic choice for a summer stay but it really can't be beaten for a winter break. The house had a really cozy feel whilst the weather was doing it's worst outside.
The entire team are a credit to Camps Bay Retreat from the housekeeping & restaurant staff up to the management team. It would be unfair to single out anybody in particular because the whole team do a great job making your stay memorable.
After a long day sightseeing it was really nice to be greeted back "home" where they were genuinely interested in what we'd been up to along with ideas for other things to do & assist with any bookings we needed to make. Once back in the room our bed had been turned down (hot water bottles in place) & the open fire ready to be lit.
Breakfasts were great with plenty of choice from either just a coffee & Danish to a full cooked breakfast. We had 2 evening meals in the restaurant & both times the food could not have been better. This included a meal there for my wife's 50th Birthday where she was treated to a special birthday sweet & a bottle of bubbly waiting in our room afterwards. These were lovely touches & not expected which really shows how much they value their guests.
The dogs are really nice to have around & we really missed them when the were away for a couple of days.
The location is perfect - completely private but the shops & restaurants of Camps Bay are just a short stroll away.
I can't recommend Camps Bay Retreat enough. If you're visiting Camps Bay it must be the place to stay & we hope to be back one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camps Bay Retreat 5 Star Boutique Hotel is a sanctuary for the soul, set on four acres of lush green nature reserve. With a mountain meditation pool, thickets of trees, waterfalls and streams, it is a peaceful paradise, where meditative moments are waiting to be had. Views stretch across the ever-changing Atlantic Ocean and along the peaks of the Twelve Apostles Mountain Range, from the Deck House and The Villa. The estate has features such as four pools, a tennis court, a spa and a fine dining restaurant. Dine in the old world splendour of the original manor house, where The Retreat Kitchen's executive chef creates a daily menu of gourmet fare, combining a symphony of fresh ingredients from local markets. Food is paired exquisitely with celebrated wines from the region, best experienced as part of a candlelit three course affair! Spoil yourself with a choice of massages, treatments and facials at the spa. Spend the day luxuriating in the spa, relaxing in the sauna and being revitalized with a deep tissue massage. A refuge for the body and a haven for the mind, you'll unravel and surrender to the tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Camps Bay Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camps Bay Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Hotel Camps Bay
- Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Camps Bay Retreat Cape Town, South Africa