Our seventh visit that must tell you something! We first visited Cape Town and Ocean View in 2002 for a special birthday. It couldn’t have been more special. Not knowing quite what to expect, we arrived very early one gorgeous morning in February, to be greeted by the lovely, helpful staff – nothing was too much trouble for them. Anything you request, from table bookings at restaurants to where the local dentist is to be located. The same applies now.
Returning to OV year after year never fails to delight.
The gardens are sub tropical and welcoming, with lots of places to shade from the sun or indeed to take some rays, surrounded by the indigenous plants and birds, which in early spring and late autumn are a riot of colour. We did miss the fish pond’s abundance of Koy this Sept, but were told that OV had had an unwelcome visitor in the shape of an otter who had proceeded to demolish their wonderful stock of incredible fish.
The rooms at OV are contemporary with a few African artefacts tastefully placed in each. They are bright and spacious, some with breath taking views of either the sea or the twelve apostles behind the guesthouse. Unfortunately we have yet to see a whale breeching outside in Camps Bay yet – but may be on another visit?
We still enjoy the personnel service of every day receiving our weather forecast and our scrumptious chocs every evening when our bed is turned down, safe in the knowledge that our room will have been thoroughly cleaned and prepared for us by staff who are unobtrusive and always chatty and informative as to what is happening locally.
Breakfasts at OV are great! Whilst they may not quite enter the Gordon Ramsey league of gastronomy, there is always plenty of fresh seasonal fruit, coupled with all the usual cheeses, hams, delicious local nutty bread, (our only attempt at eating healthily) and of course your choice of cooked breakfast. In fact I’m sure if you requested multiple choices, the fabulous staff would continue to provide without batting an eyelid!
All in all OV never fails to deliver. It’s like returning to an old friend where you take up where you last left them, only to continue like you have never been away. I can’t wait for our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 4 Star Guest House with Ocean View and park-like Gardens in Camps Bay/Bakoven. Breakfast is included in the rate and light lunches are served. 1.5km to Camps Bay Promenade & beach. Free secure parking. Free WIFI. Solar heated swimming Pool. Great location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ocean View House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean View Guest House Hotel Bakoven
- Ocean View House Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa