My partner and I stayed here for 8 nights at the beginning of March and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had a large suite which was very comfortable with fabulous views of the ocean and you could hear the waves crashing on the rocks at night. The gardens are lovely to relax in as is the pool area. Our only regret was that we were trying to pack in so much sightseeing while we were in Cape Town that we rarely had time to just relax by the pool. However, we did enjoy several evenings on our balcony watching the sunset over the ocean with a glass of wine. The breakfasts were very good, and the chef not only cooks but was happy to spend time with us making some helpful suggestions as to places that we should visit. The receptionists were extremely helpful although a couple of times we did think that it might be helpful to have someone on duty past 7 p.m. Ocean View is in a great location as one has the feeling that one is away from all the hussle and bussle - yet it's only a 5 minute drive down to Camps Bay at night for a vast choice of great restaurants. It also only took us about 15 minutes to drive downtown to the V&A Waterfront and other tourist attractions. We would both be very happy to return for another holiday at the Ocean View.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 4 Star Guest House with Ocean View and park-like Gardens in Camps Bay/Bakoven. Breakfast is included in the rate and light lunches are served. 1.5km to Camps Bay Promenade & beach. Free secure parking. Free WIFI. Solar heated swimming Pool. Great location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Ocean View House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean View Guest House Hotel Bakoven
- Ocean View House Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa