We stayed 6 nights at the Primi Seacastle. Its location in Camps Bay worked out well for us because we had no car and depended on the City Sightseeing tour bus which has a stop near by. The proximity to a choice of restaurants and the Pick n Pay grocery store down the road was also quite convenient.
A side note for the Camps Bay area: there were hawkers along the beach and Victoria Road who would approach us and try to sell us souvenirs. They were generally harmless and would leave us alone since we consistently told them we weren't interested, but we weren't aware that they were so common in the area and were taken a bit off guard when it first happened.
Our sea view room (room 9) was spacious with a large bed, tasteful decoration, a separate sitting room and a shared balcony with room 10. The views were great except that room 9 had a giant palm tree right in front of the balcony that did obstruct the view of the sea straight ahead, but this wasn't a big problem for us. We could still walk out to the balcony and look to our left to see the beautiful views of Camps Bay beach.
Room 9 was accessed down a set of stairs and there is no elevator which may be a problem for people with mobility issues but was not a problem for us. As mentioned in another review, the driveway to the property was accessible via a back road but there was pedestrian access through the front of the property on Victoria Rd.
Breakfast was included in the room fee and it was nice having a hot breakfast available. Breakfast was served between 8am and 10am while we were there and consisted of coffee/tea, cereal, yogurt, fruit salad, croissants and a made-to-order hot breakfast -- a "full english breakfast" of eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, a tomato and toast. The breakfast room was a bit cramped but never full when we were there.
There was a bar in the breakfast area where you could have drinks on-site in the evening should you choose. There was also a minibar in the room stocked with soft drinks, water and beer which wasn't included in the room fee but was reasonably priced.
The staff were helpful in ordering room service of us from their Primi Piatti restaurant and plated and delivered the meal to our room when it arrived. Michael helped us make reservations to a nearby restaurant and was not shy about telling us what we should do, where we should eat and where we shouldn't eat in Cape Town. I'm sure Michael would be very helpful to those who are seeking various suggestions and information on their visit in Cape Town.
On our last night at Primi Seacastle, we lost power in our room. We were told that it was an issue with the city's power box outside of the property and they had called city maintenance to have it fixed. We made do without power for the night as it was our last night, and we still had no power in the morning. I understand that this is NOT Primi Seacastle's fault but was not a nice way to end our visit. We would have requested to be moved to a different room had we needed to stay longer as there were other rooms on the property that were unaffected and had power available.
All in all, we were quite pleased with our stay at Primi Seacastle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Primi Seacastle guest house is located on the Atlantic Seaboard on Camps Bay's Golden Mile which is Cape Town's most prestigious coastline address. Situated virtually on top of the beach (20 Metres) with Table Mountain as a majestic backdrop, the hotel boasts sweeping, panoramic, perfect postcard views of the bay and the mountain. Have sundowners on the deck, taking in the glorious sunsets that Camps Bay is most famous for. Come EAT~SLEEP~PLAY with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Expedia so you can book your Primi Seacastle Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primi Seacastle Cape Town
- Hotel Primi Seacastle
- Primi Seacastle Guest House Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa