“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: The original Hussar Grill in Rondebosch first opened its legendary brass doors in 1964 and today, after 50 years of excellence, it is regarded as one of South Africa's premier grillrooms. We go to endless lengths every day to maintain our multiple award-winning reputation by ensuring that we only purchase the finest and best quality produce available.
Navan, Ireland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Succulent food and imaginative dishes.
Friendly, helpful, efficient staff
fantastic wine pairings
Great setting

Visited May 2013

“Outstanding!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Love this place!! Food consistently good. Same great quality food everything we go. Service excellent. Waitrons very knowledgable.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Fantastic experience and superb customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

A few weeks ago I wrote a not-so-great review about Hussar Grill in Camps Bay after having a very disappointing experience there (although I have been there a few times before and always really enjoyed it). As a response to my review, the owner of the restaurant contacted me and invited me to visit them again and give them another chance. That experience was certainly redeeming, and my friend and I were treated to an incredible experience. We had a lovely table by the window, the food was absolutely amazing, the service was friendly and attentive, and all in all we had a superb evening. We were even treated to a delicious chocolate vodka for dessert.
A huge thank you to the owner and staff of Hussar Grill in Camps Bay, they really went out of their way to prove that their restaurant is indeed top quality. I highly recommend it!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
“Spotless but not my Number One in Camps Bay and only for meat-eaters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

There is nothing to complain about the food or the wine we had at the Hussar. My 300 g Filet was delicious, and my girlfriend's vegetarian platter was fine, too. The only downside was, that it was about the only vegetarian choice she had on the menu.

We didn't have a reservation, so they placed us at a nice little table on the side. I must say, that the service was a bit slow, but always friendly. The restaurant was packed the night we ate there, so i don't blame them for making us wate several times.

The atmosphere was nice, but a bit dark for my taste and the noise level was quite loud, due to the sheer number of guests.

Overall we had a good night with very good food, but to my taste, it's not Camps bay's Number One.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cape Town
“Always a winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Best game steak in town (go for gemsbok if you love a juicy, lean cut), great athmosphere and service.

• Visited May 2013