“Above and Beyond the call of duty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Africabana Luxury Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Camps Bay
Africabana Luxury Retreat
35 Victoria Road, Bakoven, Camps Bay 8005, South Africa   |
Ranked #23 of 52 Camps Bay B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Above and Beyond the call of duty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Technically, this is not actually a review of the property because I didn't stay there, however, I felt it worth mentioning that I bumped into Lee (Leigh?) from Africabana in Camps Bay. I asked her how I would be able to get my hands on a bottle of wine to take home there on a Sunday evening because I couldn't find one. She told me that it was not really possible but offered my wife and I a lift not only to her guest house where she sold me two bottles of wine as cost price but also back to our own accomodation (presumably in direct competition with her own property). The reason I feel this is worth putting on trip advisor is because if this level of customer service (and I wasn't even a customer really) transfers to the way her accommodation is run then it is somewhere I'd want to stay.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

I had a fantastic time in South Africa and Leigh and her team at Africabana contributed greatly to my enjoyment. The position of the house opposite crashing waves is as good as it gets, the rooms luxurious and spacious and Leigh's breakfasts superb. Leigh is the most personable of hosts - from driving me into Camps Bay on my 1st night due to inclement weather, to organising a wine tour for my friends and I at 7.30pm for the next morning and making countless thoroughly spot on dining recommendations. I would not hesitate to stay here again and would recommend anyone looking for a comfortable home away from home in Cape Town to seriously consider staying here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Words cannot describe how much I love this property. We headed to South Africa for the World Cup and fell in love with Cape Town. Africabana is in the perfect area of Cape Town called Camps Bay. It is within walking distance to "the strip" which has many restaurants, lounges, and bars (which sits across the street from the beach). Everything you can want and/or need is within walking distance or a short (very short) taxi ride away.

We stayed in one of the Luxury Suites and it was absolutely gorgeous. The pictures on the website don’t do it justice. The view is incredible. There is a clear view of the ocean and of the mountains and the bathroom was huge and even had heated tiles (which in the winter is just delicious!).

If you are looking for customer service, Leigh (who owns Africabana) will go above and beyond any and all of your expectations. When I first started to book I wasn’t sure where to go or what to do. Leigh helped me figure out what would be best for us and set us up with fantastic (and informed) guides and driv ers. She has an incredible team and thrives on making sure her guests have the best experience while in her country and at her hotel. When we go back to Cape Town (which we will) I will absolutely go back to Africabana. It was such a pleasant experience from beginning to end.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

My second time here in a year - still really great. Leigh and SImon are marvellous hosts, lovely room, lovely service and one of the best breakfasts I have had anywhere. Nothing is too much trouble at Africabana. Driveway is not for the faint hearted but dont let that put you off - go there!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

Fantastic place- a real gem! We stayed there for 9 nights and took up 3 of the 4 rooms...almost our own private villa! Location is great about a 20mins walk into Camps Bay and just overlooking the ocean. Views are incredible and Leigh (the owner) simply cant do enough...whether it was a lift to the V&A, buying us water or becoming our personal concierge service and booking all our restauarnts - whatever we wanted, she arranged it! And breakfasts are another thing...wow, a great way to start the day-fresh fruit, omelettes, cheese, pancakes fresh bread...you name it! A really great stay and we wouldnt hesitate to recommend it to anyone wanting somthing a little more private and their own space in 5* surroundings...

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Expectations exceeded in every way. Leigh is one of the nicest, classiest people you could ever meet. Unless you need to be in a big hotel for some reason, there is no reason to stay anywhere else in Cape Town. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

I travelled to South Africa with my family for my daughters wedding and after having an amazing time at the wedding and the rest of our holiday we had the pleasure of being recomended to stay at Africabana for the last three days of our wonderful holiday and Oh what a beautiful place, we were made so welcome by Leigh,Karen and not to forget Simon of course who my young daughter thought was just great, I only wish we had more time there. I would recomend anyone to stay there the service and attention to detail is second to none. Thank you for a truly relaxing last few days we shall certainly be back some day. Best Regards Teresa.X

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family

Been to Africabana Luxury Retreat? Share your experiences!